Coconuts Bar and Grill

Whittyone

Does anyone know if our favorite place for a margarita, "Coconuts bar and grill" is still open? What about the road around the island? Can you make it completely around the island or is the road washed out anywhere? Thanks in advance for any help.

It's open as of feb 24 cause I was there on a bar hop! Road was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Great, can't wait for April! That place is normally a 1 stop pub crawl for me. LOL

Actually the pics I posted were from the first place we stopped which I think was called Playa Bonita maybe. Coconuts was the second place and it was highly elevated on a cliff. Long climb up there for me and glad I don't drink much anymore! 😝

Actually the pics I posted were from the first place we stopped which I think was called Playa Bonita maybe. Coconuts was the second place and it was highly elevated on a cliff. Long climb up there for me and glad I don't drink much anymore! 😝

The first stop on the bar hop is actually Punta Morena, followed by Coconuts, playa Bonita and Rasta's. No problem with the road since the hurricane several years ago as far as I know. A new highway was built slightly inland and the old road is for bikes only now.

It's open as of feb 24 cause I was there on a bar hop! Road was fine.

They were still open on March 4th, too ;)

The margarita at Playa Bonita could easily be a one-stop bar hop! :eek:

• 11 months later...

We will be coming in on the Oasis in April...I've been to Cozumel too many times to count and am trying to decide if there's anything I really want to do on this trip.

I don't think I want to do a whole bar tour, but Coconuts seems interesting - how far of a ride is it? How much is the cab?