Changing money

We are going on Radisson Voyager on Aug. 20. I was wondering if anyone who has been, or has done research on changing money could tell me how much to change, and also which ports take U.S. dollars?

Ports are: Copenhagen, Tallinn, St. Pete, Helsinki, Stockholm and Moscow (post cruise)

I know we need to have some changed money for bathrooms (if needed), small purchases, trollies or trams, cabs. If we change $100 is this too much or too little. Appreciate anyone's help. Thanks

Mary Lou

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by japiscopo:

We are going on Radisson Voyager on Aug. 20. I was wondering if anyone who has been, or has done research on changing money could tell me how much to change, and also which ports take U.S. dollars? Ports are: Copenhagen, Tallinn, St. Pete, Helsinki, Stockholm and Moscow (post cruise)

I know we need to have some changed money for bathrooms (if needed), small purchases, trollies or trams, cabs. If we change $100 is this too much or too little. Appreciate anyone's help. Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi Mary Lou. When I did the Baltic trip in 2001, I went to my bank and exchanged about $50 for each country. Now there's the Euro so getting money is easier. I was unable to get money for Russia. There I used US Dollars or Visa and had no problems. Actually, I didn't have too many problems using US Dollars anywhere if I was in a pinch. I will say that larger bills were preferred by vendors. Not sure why...maybe they get a better exchange rate for bigger bills.

Cecilia

*****@aol.com

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;10;02;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My Wedding!

if we were in a port for only one day, we went to an ATM and got about $20 for walking around money. For purchases and museum admissions, we found using our debit card to be the most economical.

In St. Petersburg, we used Red October, didn't change any money at all. OUr guide paid if we needed change for the bathroom, and we reimbursed her in USD at the end of the two days.

• 2 weeks later...

We are just back from the Baltic and changing money here in the States is a waste of money. There are ATM's all over the place. We used a debit card from our credit union and they did not add a fee at all. The exchange rate was exactly as the newspaper had it. This came out of our checking. In Russia, we used $1 for bathrooms and soda. Otherwise everything we bought was at a store with credit card or debit card and did not buy anything in the markets. I hate bartering and I felt the quality was substandard. In Tallin, the market shops were great and the quality was much higher. The bargaining was easier too. They name a price, you come about 40% less and end up at about 30% less. Quantity will change the price downward.

Jewel of the Sea May 2004

Serenade of the Sea August 2003

Splendour of the Sea August 1999

Legend of the Sea August 1997

Rotterdam May 1989

Archived