3000 on Disney Magic or $3000 on Anthem of the seas

cocacola86

Does the OV have tub or shower?

A Deluxe OV Stateroom has:

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

A Disney Cruise Line Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom is an outstanding accommodation for your family vacation on the high seas, with the added feature of a crystal clear porthole—your very own window to the ocean world outside. The deluxe room features substantially more space than you would find in a standard room and decor that reflects an elegant nautical motif.

Specifications

Sleeps: 3 or 4

Size: 204 sq. ft.

Room Configuration: Queen-size bed, single convertible sofa, upper berth pull-down beds in some, split bath with tub and shower (in most)

View: One porthole window – some with obstructed views

Enjoy the convenience of a split bath, complete with a tub and shower, and separate sinks that allow for multiple people to use the space at the same time. One bathroom includes a vanity, sink and full tub/shower, while the half bath has a vanity, sink and toilet.

A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom is classified as Categories 9A-9D located on Decks 2, 5 - 8, as follows:

Category 9A: Decks 5, 6, 7, 8 – One Porthole Window

Category 9B: Deck 2 – One Porthole Window

Category 9C: Decks 6, 7, 8 – One Porthole with Obstructed View

Category 9D: Decks 6, 7, 8 – One Porthole with Obstructed View - Limited View of Ocean

There is a website full of information for your ravenous consumption of questions!

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com

This is a site for opinions and recommendations, not a substitute for search engine and you looking. ;)

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

• 3 weeks later...

This probably won't help you, but I was faced with the same dilemma myself and I chose to go on both! Is it possible for you to consider both? What about you do the Disney cruise this year and then do the Anthem next year in 2016? The Anthem will be so new so you will probably save some money waiting a while anyway so that might make more sense.

I am huge Disney fan and also a huge Royal Caribbean fan so it was hard to choose. I will be doing a Fantasy 7 night later this year and doing a 9 night on the Anthem in 2016. I guess it also helps that Cape Liberty is only a 10-15 min drive from me.

Based on what you've been posting, it sounds like you will be happier with the Disney Cruise so I'd go with that if you can't do both. We are also two young adults and will not be sailing with any children so don't worry about not going with any children. A true Disney fan won't have an qualms about sailing on a Disney ship! Good luck with your decision!

You are talking a huge size difference between ships. My spouse wanted to go on Allure or Oasis until I told him how many people they each held. Our last cruise was on the Wonder and we thought that size was perfect. He talked about all the things to do on Allure/Oasis and I pointed out how many people would be trying to do them! And you have to make reservations for shows and such. That's a drag for a vacation to me.

We're actually headed out of CCL Breeze to give something different a try.

The Breeze is a great ship. Shows aren't amazing but everything else is top notch. Get the chefs table and be wowed by some amazing food. I finally am trying DCL this fall with my cousin going to Cabo and Ensenada. Too bad it wasn't a 7 day, but oh well i can add in a 3 day Carnival for a party for 3 days. As to Private islands, Half Moon Cay is pretty amazing as well.