Flights out of NYC

lhsmom10

We are doing the New England/Canada cruise in and out of New York in October. From what I can tell we will be sailing in and out of Brooklyn. I'm trying to make flight reservations for the end of the cruise. Which airport is best to fly out of (going to SFO)? Is a noon flight too early? I have no clue about location of the airports in NYC. Thanks for the help.

Edited by lhsmom10

We are doing the New England/Canada cruise in and out of New York in October. From what I can tell we will be sailing in and out of Brooklyn. I'm trying to make flight reservations for the end of the cruise. Which airport is best to fly out of (going to SFO)? Is a noon flight too early? I have no clue about location of the airports in NYC. Thanks for the help.

I would ask this question on the East Coast Departure Boards.

What time does Princess recommend for the earliest flight within the US.

Princess has transfers to most of the NYC airports from the pier . They will get you to the airport on time.

princess website shows 1215 at Laguardia as the earliest flight and 1:15 for the other airports.

One thing that might help you narrow down your flights is to go on the Princess website and select "plan a cruise" and search for your cruise- as if you were going to book. Once you find your cruise click on EZair - this will give you a variety of flights to choose from. You can compare the different options and even the prices and then decide if you want to book on your own or use the EZair service. I have found this to be helpful for planning purposes.

BTW - we are doing this cruise in Oct too :). We live in Oregon and will be flying out of LaGuardia.

I think a noon flight is too early at any port. I wouldn't book anything before 2:00pm even out of Ft Lauderdale. Traffic is murder any time of day in Brooklyn or Queens

LGA is closest to the port. JFK is next closest. EWR is inconvenient and costly to get from/to from the pier area.

I suggest a car service such as Dial7 or Carmel for airport to pier and pier to airport travel. For two people likely to cost less than a Princess xfer and will be more convenient. Discount coupons available on their web sites.

I think you would be OK with a flight around noon from either LGA or JFK.

Try typing "New York City airports" into Google. You definitely do not want Newark Airport. Between JFK LGA - makes no difference. Pick the best schedule.

DON