123Go Classic (Alcoholic) Package and non-drinker

luv2trvl6

Classic (Alcoholic) Package for passengers 1 & 2 is part of the 123Go offer with our upcoming cruise. However, I don't drink and the other passenger is younger than 18.

We really want latte, mocha, virgin cocktails, and smoothies. Are those included in Classic (alcoholic) Package? Or is a downgrade to Premium Non-Alcoholic Package possible, because that package includes all the types that we want to drink? Or we will have to buy a la carte, or buy premium non-alcoholic package additionally, or upgrade to premium alcoholic package, in order to get those drinks?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

You should stick with the classic package for yourself... That packages includes everything that you need. Coffee, etc... You just can't get premium alcohol but that does not matter to you.

Since the second individual is not 21 then they will get the non-alcohol Classic Package Automatically just because they are not old enough for the classic package.

You won't have to do anything!

~Steve

Edited by Sterlruth

You can have non-alcoholic cocktails and pretty much anything non alcoholic you could want with the classic package. I do drink, but I'm not a big drinker, so I sometimes went for something nice, but non-alcoholic. Don't worry about it. Just enjoy. You just hand over the card and ask for what you want. It covers cocktails and juices up to $9. You won't get close with non-alcoholic

You can have non-alcoholic cocktails and pretty much anything non alcoholic you could want with the classic package. I do drink, but I'm not a big drinker, so I sometimes went for something nice, but non-alcoholic. Don't worry about it. Just enjoy. You just hand over the card and ask for what you want. It covers cocktails and juices up to $9. You won't get close with non-alcoholic

True,

Also beware of all the fructose in the juices and mocktails, very high sugar content. It is not just the sea air that makes your clothes shrink.:eek:

Edited by MicCanberra

True,

Also beware of all the fructose in the juices and mocktails, very high sugar content. It is not just the sea air that makes your clothes shrink.:eek:

I do think about that when I have my Cocktails, but I live them so 😮

I "upgraded" to premium non-alcoholic prior to our cruise, because we don't drink alcohol, or really any mocktails, but we do drink lots of Perrier, Pellegrino, Evian, and Cafe al Bacio coffee and tea drinks, which were not included in the basic package.

I also have the Classic package and have a question regarding Diet Coke. The package says fountain soft drinks. Does that mean I will need to pay for a can of Diet Coke?

Soda is included... Unless you order soda to your room then there is a charge, otherwise all of your soda in the ship is included.

~Steve

I also have the Classic package and have a question regarding Diet Coke. The package says fountain soft drinks. Does that mean I will need to pay for a can of Diet Coke?

No, not if ordering at any bar, they will often just give you the can.:D

I am a recovering alcoholic (23+ years) and have the Classic Beverage Package, and looking forward to the non-alcohol selections. Between Cokes and mock-tails i think it will be a good thing (and it was a freebie, so who can argue!) My husband does drink wine and mixed drinks so he is REALLY looking forward to it too !

I am a recovering alcoholic (23+ years) and have the Classic Beverage Package, and looking forward to the non-alcohol selections. Between Cokes and mock-tails i think it will be a good thing (and it was a freebie, so who can argue!) My husband does drink wine and mixed drinks so he is REALLY looking forward to it too !

Well done.:D

I "upgraded" to premium non-alcoholic prior to our cruise, because we don't drink alcohol, or really any mocktails, but we do drink lots of Perrier, Pellegrino, Evian, and Cafe al Bacio coffee and tea drinks, which were not included in the basic package.

For the benefit of others here, most of the Cafe al Bacio coffee and tea drinks are included in the classic package.

There are a few non-alcoholic drinks that are not included in the classic package, most notable for us has been the sparking waters. I've read in other postings that if you go to guest relations ASAP after boarding that they will allow you to "downgrade" your classic alcohol package to the premium non-alcohol package. Haven't tried this myself and from what I've read if you call in advance they'll tell you this can not be done, but have read reports here from several who have done it on the ship.

For the benefit of others here, most of the Cafe al Bacio coffee and tea drinks are included in the classic package.

Thanks for clarifying this as I was confused after the previous post. Would you remind me, on an M-class vessel where can you get specialty coffees other than Café al Bacio? I am referring to espresso, cappuccino, latte, etc.

Thanks for clarifying this as I was confused after the previous post. Would you remind me, on an M-class vessel where can you get specialty coffees other than Café al Bacio? I am referring to espresso, cappuccino, latte, etc.

I believe that is the only place to get the specialty coffees on the M class ships.

~Steve

You can ask for it when in a dining room or bar whilst eating there, or with others drinking there and a member of staff will go to Bacio and get you one :)

All of the cafe al bacio drinks are included. As far as water, there are other brands, and for most people there is no need to upgrade. I prever the other brand to the Evian.

They'll have something set up in the buffet - at least in the morning. Although to be honest it's been years since I was on an M class ship. Not avoiding them but it has just been that way. All dining areas should have them available but some report the service as being spotty in the main dining rooms. The best quality coffees, and perhaps they only place to get the real fancy coffees (beyond the basic espresso, cappuccino, latte, etc), is the Café al Bacio as it is a true full service coffee bar (as well as a full bar).

Cafe' Al Baccio as well as the MDR and the bar in the Buffet.:D