Stockholm Card

We just did the Jewell and took the hop on hop off right where we got off the ship. We put the headphones on, listened to the English version of the tour and hopped off at the Vasa. Then got back on, went to Gamla Stan, watched the changing of the guards, shopped, ate, shopped, ate some more of the ice cream that is on every corner. Finally we went to the bus and went back to the ship. Right at the ship there is a tourist info place and you can buy stamps a few souvineers and get the tickets for the bus. Worked great for us. You can also do the hop on type bus in Oslo, Helsinki and Copenhagen all being close to where the Jewell docks or one of its shuttles lets you off. At Tallin RCI took us into town and we got let off about two blocks from olde town. There it was easy to walk. No way for buses to get in there anyway.

I don't know what the Stockholm card offers, but with just visiting the Vasa which takes quite a while (very hot, crowded and dark) to see everything, and going to olde town (Gamla Stan) which is free, I would check to see if it pays for itself. I think the bus was like maybe $18 each and the museaum for 3 I think was 48. I am not sure the Stockholm card offers the hop on bus. The hop on bus takes you by the Nobel Prize hall and then the hotel where the laureates stay, goes by city hall, the palace and all sorts of parks. It also makes a stop by the canal tour boats so if you have time to take a ride, you are right there. The second floor is open on the bus and the sites were great. The info you listen to is very good at explaining when things were built, why, and what it was used for. For such a short time in such a great city, like I said, it gave us a nice quick overview. Now we need to go back!

Jewel of the Sea May 2004

Serenade of the Sea August 2003

Splendour of the Sea August 1999

Legend of the Sea August 1997

Rotterdam May 1989

According to a "north-Bound" post the Stockholm Card costs about 260SEK which (according to my currency convertor) is about $35.02USD. Using nny92825100's numbers a per person bus ticket and Vasa admitance is about $34USD. So (if I've done all the math correctly) Vasa and Gamla Stan only are close to a wash. The Stockholm Card would provide some additional flexibility though.

Greg

USNA72

Good point. I would double check to see if it is good for the hop on type bus. That is where you get the "tour" info stuff about all the Nobel festivities, statues, sculptures, palace, gardens etc. I thought the hop on busses were all privately owned, but could be wrong.

Rotterdam May 1989

The information I have on the Stockholm Card indicates that amongst other things you can purchase the hop on hop off tour at a discounted price equal to about $3.90 USD.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;8;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

Until we'll be sailing on the Jewel of the Seas 8/20/04

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

I concur. The hop-on hop-off bus is a reduced rate on the Card: 30 SEK with and 180 SEK without the card. The other sites (three star in Rick Steve's book) make the card (260 SEK, $35) worthwhile: Vasa (70 SEK, $9.42), the Nordic Museum (70 SEK), Skansen (70 SEK) and the Royal Armory (65 SEK, $8.75), a total of 275 SEK or $37.

<MARQUEE direction=left width=100%> Jewel of the Seas - Scandanavia/Russia - July 15, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;7;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000 </MARQUEE>

<MARQUEE direction=left width=100%> 2/95 Mardi Gras, 3/96 Tropicale, 7/02 Adventure of the Seas </MARQUEE>

My numbers were off up above. Hope this clears it up. I compare cc bills to reciept from hop on bus and Vasa.

I just got the credit card bill and compared it to our receipts:

Our entrance fee to the Vasa, 2 adults one student. $24.52

(70 SEK each for adult 40 SEK for student)

180 Swedish Krona was equal to $24.52 USD on May 21 according the the citibak bill.

The bill at the tourist shop at the pier where we bought the hop on tickets came to $73.45. This means the bus was just a hair under $25 per person (180 SEK each)

Hope this info helps. Atlest the numbers are correct as of May 21, 2004.

Rotterdam May 1989

Archived