Princess Med prices 2016 OMG

Beeblebrocks

Hello Everybody

I am Gobsmacked by the price of 2016 cruises.

2015 Grand Med adventure 14 days Barcelona to Venice was £3998 for two Balcony Mid Aft

Now £3458 per person

Any comments

Beeblebrocks

There's a Grand Mediterranean cruise in 2016? I thought (and just looked) that they had dropped that itinerary. The only ship sailing into Venice in 2016 is Pacific Princess. Since they have less capacity, I would assume that the cruise would command a higher fare...

We have a 12 day booked on Celebrity. Rome to Venice. An oversized balcony with a drink package for 2 and $300 OBC for $2600 pp. I can only compare this to a 14 day on Royal as they're mostly 7 day B2B. A BD middle of the road balcony is $3,450 pp with no perks. Even with a decent TA discount I'm probably looking at an extra $1,000 and no drink package which on a 12 day cruise is huge.

My apologies RICKEK

I could not compare the price for the same cruise, as it does not exist.

This is the new price is for a Med cruise minus Venice, but now including Tunis of all places on the Royal Princess.

Not far off double the Grand Med price

Beeblebrocks

Launch pricing for the lowest balcony for the 12 day Grand Med on the Regal in 2014 was around $3300, I don't have the 2015 launch prcing but as I remember, pricing for the lowest balcony for the 12 day Grand Med on the Island in 2015 was around $3400. Pricing for the lowest balcony for 14 days on the Royal in 2016 is around $3500. Launch pricing is not much different. However, supply and demand can cause prices to vary significantly. There appears to be a major sale on the 2015 Grand Med cruises on the Island that is creating the price difference you are seeing. You never know from one year to the next or within a season how demand will vary. If you like a price and can cruise at that time, don't wait until the next year.

We're finding the rates pretty high too. I was looking at a spring TA on the Emerald in a suite, which on Princess is $4499 pp. There is a comparable sailing on Royal Caribbean Navigator of the seas, in a larger suite for $2631pp. An $1800pp price difference is astounding.

Just because it is discussed each year when itineraries are released doesn't make it any less valid of a discussion.

I wouldn't assume likeadisguise's motivation for his/her post was to say this thread is unnecessary. I think it's just bringing to light that this situation has existed before and perhaps the prices might moderate at some point.

Launch pricing for the lowest balcony for the 12 day Grand Med on the Regal in 2014 was around $3300, I don't have the 2015 launch prcing but as I remember, pricing for the lowest balcony for the 12 day Grand Med on the Island in 2015 was around $3400. Pricing for the lowest balcony for 14 days on the Royal in 2016 is around $3500. Launch pricing is not much different. However, supply and demand can cause prices to vary significantly. There appears to be a major sale on the 2015 Grand Med cruises on the Island that is creating the price difference you are seeing. You never know from one year to the next or within a season how demand will vary. If you like a price and can cruise at that time, don't wait until the next year.

We did it in 2012 for $1,199 pp in a mid ship balcony. So prices definitely can drop. I'm think Princess takes a real chance of losing clients to the competition though when they start this high.

We have a 12 day booked on Celebrity. Rome to Venice. An oversized balcony with a drink package for 2 and $300 OBC for $2600 pp. I can only compare this to a 14 day on Royal as they're mostly 7 day B2B. A BD middle of the road balcony is $3,450 pp with no perks. Even with a decent TA discount I'm probably looking at an extra $1,000 and no drink package which on a 12 day cruise is huge.

Yup. As I just posted on the "Are You Booking A Europe Cruise" thread, there is a 10 day itinerary on Celebrity that is better than, and the same price as the 7 day itinerary on Royal (Athens, Santorini, Kusadasi, Istanbul, etc.) There is no way that I can pull the trigger on the Princess cruise.

I just booked the UK cruise and it was pricier then I was expecting but it is the only company's could find that was doing British Iles

Kim

Celebrity does the British isles out of Amsterdam on a fairly new ship. Check the itinerary to see how it compares. Book at the right time and you'll get a drink package thrown in too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently booked NCL 12 night Med cruise for May 2016. It is the identical itinerary to the Princess Grand Med which appears to be discontinued for 2016.

Although I am a RCCL cruiser this itinerary is exactly what we were looking for so have decided that although the NCL ship is older that it is simply a vehicle of transportation for us as there are only 2 sea days and it really is about the ports. I had hope Princess would continue this itinerary then we had an option.

Check out NCL if the Grand Med was the itnerary you wanted they do have some really good deals and lots of extra - OBC, Drinks packages, specialty restaurants, included gratuities.

Thanks to everyone for the replies

I think that cruisejunky sums it up.

This will be my first cruise adventure, we could not go in 2015 because our 20th anniversary is not until 2016.

The price difference means we booked with Celebrity instead, 11 night cruise Barcelona to Athens in June, for £3928 for two, deck 8, unobstructed veranda, bit different to £7000, will spend what we saved flying to Venice for three days instead, and still comes out cheaper than Princess.

so your premise about losing customers just gained one

Beeblebrocks

[quote name=Cruise Junky;45994720

The price difference means we booked with Celebrity instead' date=' 11 night cruise Barcelona to Athens in June, for £3928 for two, deck 8, unobstructed veranda, bit different to £7000, will spend what we saved flying to Venice for three days instead, and still comes out cheaper than Princess.

so your premise about losing customers just gained one[/quote]

You may want to let Princess know why they did not get this booking.