Star Food

Taytay20

Hi,

My family and I just got off the Star on Sunday 3/22 and I wanted to answer your question. Overall the food was bland. There were occasional dishes (Linguine with clams) that were very good to excellent, however the vast majority were bland at best. The strip-loin steak was like shoe leather. Literally had issues cutting it and chewing it. The desserts (except for volcano cake) tasted like the chef was allergic to sugar. There was so much unrealized potential it was sad. We'd get excited over a meal or dessert then get let down over the taste. Hope I helped.

Food that I don't have to cook for my family always tastes great! Can't wait for a week of no cooking! :)

Hear, hear! LOL!

We were on the Star just before dry dock, took her from Miami to Los Angeles thru the Panama Canal. We'd read lots about how the food was less than stellar, so we didn't really go in with high expectations. We've sailed Celebrity, Holland America and one RCI before. Guess what? The food was really good! We definitely found lots of things we liked and a few things that we weren't too thrilled with, but there was always plenty of food so we could try different things. We ate at Versailles several times, Aqua several times, Blue Lagoon a couple of times, the buffet (ohhhhhh, those dessert crepes were wonderful!), the outside grill, room service most mornings for a light breakfast, and enjoyed La Cucina twice and Cagney's once. Everything was really good, and we felt it was on-par with the other ships we've sailed.

Food's so subjective; what one person likes, another might hate. But we were very happy with the food on the Star. My mother in law complained that she gained 7 pounds on the cruise. I blamed the crepes. And the other desserts. And the breads. And the pasta dishes. And, and, and....., LOL!

Best wishes!