Freedom, forward, aft or mid?

golfntob

What is your preference and why?

We enjoyed the aft on the Elation. Thrusters weren't too noisy. Boys enjoyed hearing/feeling them.

We've never sailed on the Freedom before. Excited!

Edited by golfntob

We enjoyed the aft on the Elation. Thrusters weren't too noisy. Boys enjoyed hearing/feeling them.

I always do a mid-ship cabin if I am picking the room. There is less motion and a great location.

Both times on the ship, I was forward/far forward. First time it was a port hole room on main deck. Felt some motion, but was not unbearable, and heard noise from above theater until about 11pm, then was quiet, also heard noise from waves hitting the bow. Neither of these noises bothered me though, and the light rocking movement was actually nice.

Second time was in a 4j Empress deck, and felt practically no movement, and were zero noise issues.

I have been midship on other ships and also no issues with movement or other.

I have never been in an aft stateroom, so cannot comment.

Forward is fine for me and next cruise will be way up there in the front again:D

Sorry forgot to say..my preference would always be a 4j for me (I cruise solo, and cost is a big factor, so OV and balcony rooms are not in my budget), but my preference would always be 4j (window facing forward onto a "secret" deck). Loved it, very quiet, little movement, and loved that spot out front for sailing into ports.

Edited by SMSACE6

We prefer the aft, and stayed in 7434 on the Freedom on our western Caribbean cruise in 2013. Our friends stayed in 7430, so we were able to open the divider, and extend our already extended balcony.

We have stayed forward, aft, and midship, and just tend to migrate to the aft. I think the ready access to the drinks at the lido deck (especially coffee) keeps us booking our room there.

We stayed mid-ship on the Freedom. I'm not bothered by noise or motion so I didn't notice much. I enjoyed the mid-ship area mostly because of the design of the ship. Everything was so convenient to get to, especially the dining area for the any time dining which is kind of strange on the conquest class ships.

We will be in 9200 on the Freedom in November, which is all the way forward, Deck 9.

We don't find the motion of the ship to bother us so we are OK with being up higher and forward.

And being on the Lido deck makes it much easier for breakfast in the morning. AND, we don't mind taking a bunch of stairs- good exercise. And like others have mentioned, there is generally less foot traffic forward.

Edited by HollandAvery

Interesting to read the replies. We've been on the Freedom in 7332 twice which is right at the mid-ship elevators and had no problems with noise from either the elevators or people. The BC9 we've booked an OV on deck 2 as I don't feel I will need my scooter. Again, we are near elevators, only this time will be the ones forward. Loved the mid-ship deck 7 and plan on loving forward on deck 2. Our last cruise was in a 4J on deck 7 on Sunshine and loved that location as well, but it is a lot of walking.