Boston, booked there and back.

2bthere

We booked 4 Points Sheraton for our night pre cruise. Hopefully all will go well in terms of stopping for odds along the way.

We chose Kendall for the return for Boston Hotel and hopefully can wander. Are we close to transportation that can give us a overview?

We have never been here so looking t

o have some time within this great city. (Arrive May 8 in early AM) We leave 3 pm on Saturday.

The Four Points is one if the airport hotels in Revere. What is your plan for getting to the port?

The Kendall in Cambridge sounds interesting. What are you paying for the hotel? It looks to be very close to the Kendall/MIT Red Line station, which means you can easily take public transit there from the port if you can roll your luggage. Public transit back to the airport is also an option - I often do the Red Line/Silver Line to Logan Airport.

Could you plan to report back your experiences?

The Kendall Hotel is a very short walk from the Kendall Square subway station on the Red Line, which as 138east says, offers good public transit to/from the cruise port and the airport. It's well under 150 m (500 ft), maybe two or three minutes on foot, to the subway station. Also excellent transportation to downtown Boston, and Harvard Square in Cambridge, and pretty much anywhere else served by the subway system.

It's in an old brick firehouse. I've never stayed there, but I used to eat in the restaurant (Black Sheep) sometimes. It was ten or more years ago, but I remember it was a good place for carnivores and vegans to meet, offering choices for both; and in season, local produce was used. Not a fancy menu, as I recall, but very well prepared.

If you have any interest in bizarre architecture, it's less than ten minutes on foot to the Stata Center at MIT; designed by Frank Gehry, although it looks like it could have been designed by Dr. Seuss.

We booked 4 Points Sheraton for our night pre cruise. Hopefully all will go well in terms of stopping for odds along the way.

Adjacent to 4 points there's a shopping plaza with a CVS and a supermarket. Also some generic fast food chains; Subway, Friendly's, maybe something else. I don't know if there's a wine store or a real restaurant in the plaza.