Just back from the Grand Princess 6/18/04

mek

Hi Everyone! It's 9:30 EDT and we just walked in the door. Since we've been up for 22 hours -it's off to bed. I'll try to do a review sometime this week, but for those of you who are leaving this week or next, I'll be happy to answer any questions as quickly as possible.

mek

Glad you are home safe and sound.

I'm anxious to read your review and will be watching fo it!

Sleep Well,

Julie

<')))><

Grand Princess 8/17/04 Baltic B2B with 8/27/04 Transatlantic & 11/27/04 Western Caribbean

Good morning or afternoon - right now, I'm not sure what time it is!!! I'm going to recap as much as I can, as breifly as possible to cover what I think were the most important issues for this cruise.

We arrived in Copenhagen the day before sailing, and fortunately for us we did. We were late arriving in Amsterdam, missed our connection and so went in to Copenhagen on a later flight. Because of the changes, our 4 bags were lost and and only 2 of them made it it to our hotel that night. The other two didn't get to us until very late on the ship after we had sailed. We met many people with lost luggage on this cruise. Apparently it is an on-going problem. Some people didn't get their bags until Stockholm. I would strongly encourage anyone who can, to go in at least one day early to avoid this problem. Princess, as well as the Marriott was great in assisting us track our bags. Part of the problem is that the baggage claim people at the airport leave at 9PM and don't go back until 9 AM the next morning. As an FYI, Princess offers free cleaning and assistance with clothing if bags are lost.

Since I have so much information to cover and limited time this weekend, I am going to cover each port or topic on a seperate entry and hopefully, cover everything as quickly as possible for all of you.

Archived