A Few Booking Questions

After researching these boards (thank you all for the great info!) I am hoping to book Alaska 2016 when it opens on Thursday. Would I have better luck getting what I want booking online or calling? And what time does booking open? Is it different online than it is on the phone? I'm grateful for any suggestions! TIA:)

There is no set time when they open for booking. The past few openings were available by calling before they appeared online.

If you keep checking on here someone will most likely let everyone know when they become available.

Or you can keep calling RCL

There is no set time when they open for booking. The past few openings were available by calling before they appeared online.

If you keep checking on here someone will most likely let everyone know when they become available.

Or you can keep calling RCL

That's good to know! Thank you!!! I will keep an eye out, and make a call or two

After researching these boards (thank you all for the great info!) I am hoping to book Alaska 2016 when it opens on Thursday. Would I have better luck getting what I want booking online or calling? And what time does booking open? Is it different online than it is on the phone? I'm grateful for any suggestions! TIA:)

HappyGirl, have you cruised on Royal Caribbean before? If so, did you sign up for the Crown & Anchor Society? If you did, then you can call the C&A number instead of the general access number. The people on those phone lines tend to be the best connection to RC, including for booking a cruise.

800-526-9723

I would do both. As crazy as it sounds. I have sometimes gotten better rates online on the royal website and then when I call in on the phone to check, their rate is higher.

Just remember. There is certainly no harm in doing both. And yes, if you are a crown and anchor member, you could also potentially get discounts on your reservation that way. When booking either online or on the phone, If you just pay the minimum deposit. If your catagory that you have picked goes down, you can call back in and the will re-rate your reservation. ( note after full payment is made, this no longer applies). Or at least once you in inside of the NON refundable period).

HappyGirl, have you cruised on Royal Caribbean before? If so, did you sign up for the Crown & Anchor Society? If you did, then you can call the C&A number instead of the general access number. The people on those phone lines tend to be the best connection to RC, including for booking a cruise.

800-526-9723

Yes, we've cruised RC just once but it's enough to make me a member :) But thank you, I didn't realize there was a different number. I will definitely go the phone route (and check online after)! Thanks for everyone's advice :)

Edited by HappyGirl1959