WOW what a sale!!!

Our cruise in 2016 is now priced 800.00 more than what we booked it for a few months ago. WOW WHAT A SALE RCCL!!!! Of course pricing goes up and down that is understood. But their recent crap about making everything sound like a "fabulous sale!!!" is insulting.

Their "pricing gimmicks" are getting beyond ridiculous. I guess maybe there are a lot of new cruisers buying into their games. The one we have booked for 16' may well be our last with them......:rolleyes:

Edited by bouhunter

best time to book is as soon as the itinerary is released. We booked the 14 night Serenade snowbird migration sailing last year and paid $2652 total for both of us in a balcony. Now they want $2652 PER PERSON for the balcony. It's buyer beware when booking now.

Our cruise in 2016 is now priced 800.00 more than what we booked it for a few months ago. WOW WHAT A SALE RCCL!!!! Of course pricing goes up and down that is understood. But their recent crap about making everything sound like a "fabulous sale!!!" is insulting.

Their "pricing gimmicks" are getting beyond ridiculous. I guess maybe there are a lot of new cruisers buying into their games. The one we have booked for 16' may well be our last with them......:rolleyes:

Agreed on the sales part.

Remember only about 1% of the cruising population are keyed into CC, if that!

So pricing and all they do with their gimmicks only really is highlighted here on the forums.

General public, non CC members see a cruise in their price range and book it.

As for your cruise in 2016 "maybe" your last RC cruise, I doubt it, what would you have to moan about or be negative about if you no longer sailed with Royal:p Carnival

Is your favorite color Green?

Lucky # 13

Glass always 1/2 empty

The grass always greener.... You get my gist:cool:

Happy Days!

Agreed on the sales part.

Remember only about 1% of the cruising population are keyed into CC, if that!

So pricing and all they do with their gimmicks only really is highlighted here on the forums.

General public, non CC members see a cruise in their price range and book it.

As for your cruise in 2016 "maybe" your last RC cruise, I doubt it, what would you have to moan about or be negative about if you no longer sailed with Royal:p

Is your favorite color Green?

Lucky # 13

Glass always 1/2 empty

The grass always greener.... You get my gist:cool:

Happy Days!

Well you may be right - as long as the price is right:D

They are about to price me out of cruising with them whether I like it or not. Now I know someone will chime in with how its all supply and demand, the economy is better etc and so forth and I cant dispute that BUT Im not sure how much longer I can afford to cruise with Royal Caribbean.

I was researching a cruise to book for late 2016 while Im on Freedom in a few weeks. I cant find anything that isnt that IMHO is outrageous.

They are about to price me out of cruising with them whether I like it or not. Now I know someone will chime in with how its all supply and demand, the economy is better etc and so forth and I cant dispute that BUT Im not sure how much longer I can afford to cruise with Royal Caribbean.

I was researching a cruise to book for late 2016 while Im on Freedom in a few weeks. I cant find anything that isnt that IMHO is outrageous.

They're clearly trying to raise prices across the board to please their shareholders. But for it to work, they're counting on attracting enough new cruisers who can pay the inflated rates, and that they won't lose too many existing customers (considering whatever % they reasonably hope to retain) who are no longer able to afford them or choose to pay them. Will that happen? JMHO, I doubt they'll be able to drastically raise prices, and that some of their aspirational price increases will fall back to earth. They can make all the noise in the world about wanting to "hold the line on prices," but at the end of the day they're not going to sail at 75% occupancy, so the prices that can reasonaably be termed outrageous should come down somewhat.

I think this is particularly true on heavily competitive routes. For example, I don't know how many new customers will spend hundreds more dollars to sail on Harmony OTS over Norwegian Escape...? I'm not in that group of course as a repeat customer, but even so, maybe I shell out more than I would like once to see Harmony, then take my business elsewhere the next time if I don't experience a product that commenads that premium...

Edited by Dave85

I'm a 3 time cruiser with RCL and have really enjoyed my experience with them. I would like to continue to cruise with them for points reasons and because of the good experiences but looking for Feb 2016 cruises NCL is about $300-400 pp cheaper for identical trip. Makes me want to try them out and see what I think...

I'm a 3 time cruiser with RCL and have really enjoyed my experience with them. I would like to continue to cruise with them for points reasons and because of the good experiences but looking for Feb 2016 cruises NCL is about $300-400 pp cheaper for identical trip. Makes me want to try them out and see what I think...

Lot of chatter on the boards w.r.t RC pricing and NCL being cheaper, we already cancelled 2 RC cruises, one of these due to a personal matter, however we have been looking at Silver Seas and also really researching Haven Suites on NCL.

(yes we know SS is expensive:))

We are D+, with a little way to go to be PC, being young we have time to climb to the higher tier, and easily could get there before we are in our 50's if we so choose to.

So jumping to another line just means we start all over again with a new program

Having already sailed a few other lines, will be no big deal

We will still continue to sail RC, but will look out for the best perks and value for money that happens to be on offer at any given time.

If RC did another ORIGINAL REAL BOGOHO, we would certainly jump on it!!

Happy Days!

I'd suggest giving them a try. We were happy we did.

If RC did another ORIGINAL REAL BOGOHO, we would certainly jump on it!!

Happy Days!

Even the original BOGOHO, was inflated a bit. I had booked my 2016 cruise the day before it came out. The increase was but a couple hundred dollars, but was still a good deal, especially compared to now.

A friend of ours just cruised NCL and loved it. They've already booked for next winter.

I'd suggest giving them a try. We were happy we did.

Excellent to know. We're comparing an Oasis cruise to something on the new Escape for not much more money. Escape looks incredible.

Even the original BOGOHO' date=' was inflated a bit. I had booked my 2016 cruise the day before it came out. The increase was but a couple hundred dollars, but was still a good deal, especially compared to now.[/quote']

Offers like that IMO were a mistake made from RC, but so many booked on it, they rolled with it, and have continued to roll with it and roll with it, just keep chopping off a % of the price reduction each time a new BOGOHO is released.

I see people asking now and then on threads why there are so many cabins gone already for 2016 sailings, all the good ones were snapped up on the Original BOGOHO..

It certainly was a popular offer for all.

Our March 2016 sailing has no Suites left a year out!!!

Excellent to know. We're comparing an Oasis cruise to something on the new Escape for not much more money. Escape looks incredible.

DW is pricing up the Epic for an August Med cruise, will just be my ladies going on that one though, I will stay home and feed the pig:cool:

All the good ones were snapped up on the Original BOGOHO. Our March 2016 sailing has no Suites left a year out!!!

He He. That's how we got SLS 1720 for our March 2016 B2B. Saved some bucks too. :p

He He. That's how we got SLS 1720 for our March 2016 B2B. Saved some bucks too. :p

Hey Andrew

Welcome back:)

We Intend on using Coastal K for pretty much of the cruise we are on with you guys, will have to show you what a very nice priced 1 story OS looks like:p

Cabin crawl springs to mind!!

We were having a good look at the RLS on Quantum yesterday, like the 3 balconies and hot tub by the master bedroom:D. Maybe 2017/18

Still also toying with a nice Haven Suite, Nikki & Abigail are more than likely going to do the Epic in the Med this August.

Happy Days!

I don't really care if the price is supposed to be a "sale" or not - either it's an OK price for me or it isn't. I've stuck with RCCL because I live 45 minutes from Port Canaveral and the only other choices there are Disney (WAY too expensive) and Carnival (don't like the atmosphere). But I always compare the prices and if it was enough cheaper I'd certainly drive to Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, or Tampa.

I've got a cruise booked on Brilliance this July that I was able to get a pretty good price on when the first BOGOHO sale first started. Now I'm looking for a short cruise for summer 2016 to take the grandkids on and NCL is looking pretty good, pricewise. Might be worth a 2 or 3 hour drive to save a few hundred $$.

Hey Andrew

Welcome back:) Thanks.

We Intend on using Coastal K for pretty much of the cruise we are on with you guys, will have to show you what a very nice priced 1 story OS looks like:p

Cabin crawl springs to mind!! Yes and yes. I read they have two menues on Oasis now, for first and second half of the cruise.

We were having a good look at the RLS on Quantum yesterday, like the 3 balconies and hot tub by the master bedroom:D. Maybe 2017/18 Can you post pics on our roll call if you have any? I am very curious about that cabin.

Still also toying with a nice Haven Suite, Nikki & Abigail are more than likely going to do the Epic in the Med this August.

Happy Days!

The Haven seems to be in our future if RC keeps up their pricing games. The only reason we went with Allure over the Epic in May for our Med cruise is the flow rider. If NCL or another line started to install them we might never return. ;)

The Haven seems to be in our future if RC keeps up their pricing games. The only reason we went with Allure over the Epic in May for our Med cruise is the flow rider. If NCL or another line started to install them we might never return. ;)

Posted a video of RLS on our roll call

Enjoy!!

Ignore the commentary, enjoy the room and views:)

The private tub with exc entry is a nice touch;)

Two of our cruises did increase quite a bit.

However, our Navigator cruise dropped from $144 per person per day (balcony) to $130 per person per day. We were able to get the price adjusted.

Sale or no sale, it always pays off to frequently check prices and to have a great TA who helps get the price adjustments for you. :)

Edited by APDMOM

I agree that I don't care if they call it a "sale" or not, as long as I get what I consider to be a good price. That said, I haven't found a good price for RCCL in a while. And although we've never had a "bad" cruise, we have noticed a decline in overall quality (mostly food).

First time cruisers would not notice these things because they have no comparison and they are probably filling up the ships easily during these "sales" promotions. So I can see how RCCL doesn't put much weight on what us whiners on CC think.

I will admit (not ashamed. LOL) that we sailed on Carnival last October (spur of the moment, not planned!) and we felt it was highly comparable and the cost was considerably less. In fact, the only major difference that stood out was the lay out of the ships (we prefer RCCL) and the party atmosphere at the pool (in our 40s and over that scene!). But these things were relatively minor and the pluses of the cruise made up for it. (Loved Guys Burger Joint, free popcorn at the pool for movies, and that the free self serve beverages (juice/water/lemonade) are available 24/7).

I guess my point is that luckily there are other options out there that should keep everyone happy. Personally, we're not going to remain loyal just for the sake of being loyal or C&A status/perks. Even though RCCL is our comfort zone, we are price driven consumers and will choose our cruises going forward based on price.