Folkloric show/Grand Princess Entertainment

mek

I know there have been many questions concerning the optional Folkloric show and the entertaiment provided by the ship on the night in St Petersburg, so I thought I would pass along our experience with the shows. Although we booked a 2 day tour with Denrus, we decided to go to the Princess Folkloric show. They took us to a entertaiment hall at the Anichkov Palace where a dancing troupe performed as well as a male military group of singers. While I enjoyed the program, it wasn't fantastic. We were back at the ship in time to see the 10:15 show, and quite frankly, I prefered it to the other. If I had it to do over again, I would probably only go to the ship's show and have a more relaxing evening. Also, they broadcast the performance on TV for several days after Russia, so you can see it that way also.

Thank you! Your opinion supports our decision to stay onboard and enjoy the show they offer. We have 2 LONG days with RO and we were hoping the shipboard entertainment that night would at least give us a taste of a Russian folkloric show. By taking a sack lunch and not having to get back to the ship in time to prepare to go back out that night, we were able to add a private canal tour our first day.

Julie

<')))><

Grand Princess 8/17/04 Baltic B2B with 8/27/04 Transatlantic & 11/27/04 Western Caribbean

Julie - The private canal ride was the one thing we didn't squeeze into our itinerary. We were with another family with 2 teens and we all decided to go and see the subway during the "flex" time that was in our schedule. We were planning on doing a canal ride in Copenhagen on Thursday, but by the time we go to the boats, it was raining, so we passed on that. The canal rides in St Petersburg looked like fun. Also, are you aware there is a hydrofoil (sp?) that goes from St Petersburg to Petterhoff? The drive over takes about 50 minutes abd there really isn't much to see along the way. If I had it to do over again, I would try to work that in to my itinerary, since I believe it takes about the same amount of time and looked like fun.

Archived