Majesty is on the Move

suemac

All seven of my cruises on the Majesty were in September or October. We were very fortunate in that we only had one cruise that was affected by a hurricane. We ended up leaving Boston on Monday instead of Sunday. It was still a great cruise though.

Nate veered south just in time to miss Bermuda. It poured most of Thrusday morning but otherwise everything is fine here. It's sunny right now. :cool:

Shame all the ships had to leave early but that was definately a close call so I think the captains made the right decision. It was raining so hard passengers weren't going to be leaving the ships even if they had stayed.

I too, am glad that you were spared. I have never been to your island, but will be on my way there a week from this coming Sunday, on the Majesty...provided the weather co-operates !!

BTW.. will Orphelia affect the next sailing to Bermuda, on Sunday ? I hope not. What a same to have to divert to Canada..

Can't wait to sail away :)

Basketballmom, It was alot of fun.

I think if I had been a 1st time bride I woud have been disappointed with some things, but it was fine. Very fast, we wanted a 2 hour reception, only got a 1 hour reception, but our non sailing guest were able to hang out until 3 on the top deck with us.

We got the deluxe honeymoon/anniversary package, it was well worth it. We were invited to a Honeymoon Party with cake and champange, we had a massage, we ate at LeBistro where the wait staff all came over and sang "Let me call you Sweetheart" which was fun....Everyday we had something delivered to the cabin, strawberries dipped in chocolate, cakes, chocolates, shrimp cocktail, more champagne....Breakfast in bed, well we were up and the girl had to make 2 trips to the room with all of the food, I brought some of it down to the kid's cabin.

We put a "just married" sign on the door, which kept us from walking by the cabin....The kids decorated their door with metallic stars, it was funny, the last day when we were packing up everyone on their deck was complaining that they couldnt find their cabins without the stars, LOL.

As ususal the cruise went by too fast...We did alot of partying this trip..

Thank you so much for the "Turtle Bay" recommendation, I think its the best thing that we have done in Bermuda!!! We'll be doing that again next summer!!

Patty

Archived