Craziest thing you admit to OR actually heard someone complaining about on a cruise?

snorkelman

I don't know if he was on our ship or not, but at a sea turtle/snorkle excursion a gentleman (and I use that term loosely) decided that since he paid to swim with turtles he should be allowed to grab onto and try to ride the turtles in the water. Our tour guide, a few locals, and his tour guide went after him and practically wrestled him back in the boat, their tour ended early after that.

There are no words.

There are no words.

But there is a picture... That was him chasing after one of the turtles. Disgusted to say the least. Even after their tour group packed up and left it took a while for any of the turtles to come back.

2rwnqps.jpg

Edited by awestover89
Shrinking picture

But there is a picture... That was him chasing after one of the turtles. Disgusted to say the least. Even after their tour group packed up and left it took a while for any of the turtles to come back.

2rwnqps.jpg

That just plain wrong on so many levels......

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Customer Service trying to explain to a passenger that laundry services did not steal her shorts. Seems the passenger couldn't find her shorts and accused the cabin steward first. Then decided the laundry was the culprit. Evidently this was ongoing for days and the irrational passenger, when provided with the laundry slip showing that she did not list the shorts and the were not sent for cleaning, demanded money because a photo of her in the shorts substantiated the theft. After the nut left the desk, grumbling all the way, I apologized to guest services for having to deal with folks like that. Heard from other passengers that she continued harping on this for the entire cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

Customer Service trying to explain to a passenger that laundry services did not steal her shorts. Seems the passenger couldn't find her shorts and accused the cabin steward first. Then decided the laundry was the culprit. Evidently this was ongoing for days and the irrational passenger, when provided with the laundry slip showing that she did not list the shorts and the were not sent for cleaning, demanded money because a photo of her in the shorts substantiated the theft. After the nut left the desk, grumbling all the way, I apologized to guest services for having to deal with folks like that. Heard from other passengers that she continued harping on this for the entire cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

I had three items disappear from my laundry over two days on my last cruise. Substantiated because the head housekeeper decided to interrupt my dinner to search through my entire cabin with me for the items--two of which were on the laundry slip. One of the items they had given me a photocopy slip to fill out with no duplicate and they were unable to provide the slip showing the item had been sent out which didn't come back with the laundry. They did ultimately reimburse me for the lost items. It does happen.

I would much rather have had my clothing than a check which didn't cover the cost of replacing the items.

Edited by ducklite

Ok, I'll fess up to a "mini" meltdown on one cruise. Being youngish with double knee replacement, I set off security everytime I board the ship. I then assume the pose and they "wand" me and send me on my way. Ok, I do it, I'm used to it, I get tired of it, but no big deal.

Until the one time at the end of the cruise at the last port, the lady can't find the wand and decides she has to use her hands to physically assault me in front of all the people boarding the ship. Once she got to a particularly personal area, I blew a gasket and told her very loudly not to touch me. I then walked off very fast to the elevator with her following me and asking for my room number.

Luckily nothing happened but I was a little embarrassed about my melt down. It's hard for people to understand having to do this at every airport and at every cruise ship. One reason I no longer fly or cruise.

Sandy, it's a shame there isn't a system where people like yourself could get some sort of world-wide recognizable document - perhaps an entry in your passport - that identifies you as having artificial knees and therefore clears you of being a security risk. Seems silly that you have to go through all that hassle everytime you want to travel somewhere. :(

Seems the passenger couldn't find her shorts and accused the cabin steward first. Then decided the laundry was the culprit.

If my cabinmate and I weren't honest, a guy on our last cruise would have thought that the laundry stole his suit. I don't know who is responsible for delivering cleaned clothing, the cabin steward or someone in the laundry department, but my cabinmate and I (both female) found a suit in our cabin. Our cabin steward knew that both of us were women, so I don't know if he decided to give us the suit anyway or if it was someone from the laundry department who decided to give us the suit. The cabin number on the slip of paper wasn't even our cabin number. We took the suit to the cabin whose number was written on the suit. If, for some reason, we had decided to keep the suit for ourselves, the suit's owner might have thought that it was stolen by the laundry.

g! She then went on to tirade about the dangers of being in the sun etc. Both of these women looked like porcelain dolls despite living in S Fla. they despised the heat and I never quite understood why they continued to live where they did plus go on an island cruise!

As much as these ladies seemed to not be very nice I also don't think its fair to judge their vacation/location based on their appearance. Us pale types live all over the world and while some of don't like the heat we like the scenery that comes with it not to mention that we take care of our skin for important health reasons and surely from a medical field you should understand that.

All these dining room complaints have reminded me of the time we sat near this guy and his wife and when ordering he loudly declared 'I like my steak like I do my chocolate melting cake (Carnival's runny chocolate fondant style dessert)...rare!' he then joked that if either were well done he would have no choice but to complain...although it seemed he had some banter going on with his waitress and he was happy all through dinner. Not really a complaint but I was just reminded of it.

We had just boarded and were milling around enjoying the ship waiting to go to our cabins when a man who had priority boarding for whatever reason was at guest services screaming at the poor girl that he had booked an oceanview cabin and he got a port view....you can't make this stuff up! Somebody finally calmed him down when they promised him they would take care of it as soon as we set sail.....some people....seriously!

No, not a port view!!! appalling

Sandy, it's a shame there isn't a system where people like yourself could get some sort of world-wide recognizable document - perhaps an entry in your passport - that identifies you as having artificial knees and therefore clears you of being a security risk. Seems silly that you have to go through all that hassle everytime you want to travel somewhere. :(

I have two "new" knees. My medical office gave me a nice card to carry that shows a mini xray of my knees.

When in NYC heading to a nice Canada New England cruise and before my second surgery I set off alarms when security swabbed my scooter for drugs. I was taken to a private room and two security female staff did a pat down. It was determined to be mild pain meds that I was using that set off the alarms.

It wasn't fun but I didn't think twice and I will cruise and fly as much as I can.

Happy travels

4boysnana

On our very first cruise many years ago, we were 30ish sailing on the Noordam. We were at a large table with an elderly couple who were very pretentious. She could not find one item on the whole menu to her liking.She special ordered everything and still didn't like anything. You know the drill......soup too hot, salad not cold enough, too large of a serving, etc. Her husband asked everyone to introduce themselves and say what their occupations were and how many cruises they had taken. They thought it was "so cute" that it was our first cruise and wondered how a police officer and RN could afford it. Needless to say, we did not return for any more dinners at that table.

On our very first cruise many years ago, we were 30ish sailing on the Noordam. We were at a large table with an elderly couple who were very pretentious. She could not find one item on the whole menu to her liking.She special ordered everything and still didn't like anything. You know the drill......soup too hot, salad not cold enough, too large of a serving, etc. Her husband asked everyone to introduce themselves and say what their occupations were and how many cruises they had taken. They thought it was "so cute" that it was our first cruise and wondered how a police officer and RN could afford it. Needless to say, we did not return for any more dinners at that table.

My husband would have had an issue straight away as he doesn't like to answer that sort of question. Not because he has a terrible occupation. I think he thinks it is a way people can label you. Which in this case was what the woman did. By the way I am an ex-nurse and have sailed with many past and present nurses and police officers on Seabourn so what would she say to that?

One incident I remember was at breakfast there was a full, large plate with Mango slices at the buffet. The woman in front asked the server for the Mango and they proceeded to put some on a small plate for her. Not good enough........the woman demanded the whole plate full which the server gave her. Both the lovely girl serving and I stood there in amazement as the woman wandered of. The staff then had to send down to the kitchen to get a fresh lot of Mango cut and plated. The silly thing was the woman could have asked them to make up a special large plate but she obviously felt the rest of us could wait for Mango but she couldn't.

A good response for what you do for a living is that you are an auditor for the IRS on an investigation of several passengers that may have been trying to deduct Cruise Fares as a business expense. That would shut up a lot of inquisition questions.

Mapsmith-my husband wanted to move to a 60 & older senior housing community when I was only 50. I was worried about being a working RN. I felt I might end up to nurse on call. My husband told everyone that I was an IRS agent. Since I was working in a management position, no one ever knew since I wore business attire.

Good to know. My DH just had a knee replacement. I guess I won't worry about getting the card for him.

I'd say get the card, some places accept them, some don't it will save you some hassles.

As someone with a hip replacement, I can tell you those cards are useless. TSA isn't interested due to possible fakes. I get wanded, I get patted down, no big deal.

It would be so easy to create those things and sell them over the Internet that I'd be rather appalled if they were accepted by anyone.

I was sitting at a table with my food from the buffet, another table next to me was cleaned up and then a man comes over with his tray and complains how can he eat at a wet table. And looks at me and says the same thing, I just looked away. The lady who dried his table i just looked at and rolled my eyes. She smiled

I don't understand your story. If the lady who wiped the table used a wet rag and left it at that, I would complain as well. I would never sit at a table like that. A wet wipe-down should be followed by a dry wipe. Otherwise if someone wants to set their napkin, purse, book, phone, etc etc etc on the table, they would get wet from the sloppy cleaning job. We don't make a big deal of it, whether at a local restaurant or onboard ship; we just stand by the table and wait for it to be cleared, cleaned, and ready. If the shipboard buffet is understaffed, I would rather clear off the dirty dishes myself and sit at a dry table rather than have them clear the table, wipe it with a wet rag, and leave it like that.

I don't understand your story. If the lady who wiped the table used a wet rag and left it at that, I would complain as well. I would never sit at a table like that. A wet wipe-down should be followed by a dry wipe. Otherwise if someone wants to set their napkin, purse, book, phone, etc etc etc on the table, they would get wet from the sloppy cleaning job. We don't make a big deal of it, whether at a local restaurant or onboard ship; we just stand by the table and wait for it to be cleared, cleaned, and ready. If the shipboard buffet is understaffed, I would rather clear off the dirty dishes myself and sit at a dry table rather than have them clear the table, wipe it with a wet rag, and leave it like that.

Or just find another table that is clean and dry at the buffet can suffice too.......

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

That sounds like a very useful card to have, 4boysnana. There is obviously a need for something like that, there must be millions of people with joint replacements that like to travel.

You could have an international agreement for doctors to declare such medical situations and have passports endorsed accordingly. Then as soon as security started scanning you could refer them to the endorsement would save a lot of messing about.

Regards John

Edited by john watson