Silk Shirts

crisp1

I have a small collection of Tommy Bahama silk shirts with tropical prints. Will I be able to add to it in Tahiti. Not cotton or polyester, but silk and does not have to be Tommy Bahama :rolleyes:

Edited by crisp1

We found shopping in FP very limited when compared to, say the Caribbean, but you might find one in a resort's gift shop. Prices were pretty high as well imho. You might want to check out Caribbean Cool Wear dot com. They pack to nothing and wrinkles hang out quickly. Also they are washable, unlike lots of Tommy shirts. :D

We found shopping in FP very limited when compared to, say the Caribbean, but you might find one in a resort's gift shop. Prices were pretty high as well imho. You might want to check out Caribbean Cool Wear dot com. They pack to nothing and wrinkles hang out quickly. Also they are washable, unlike lots of Tommy shirts. :D

I have around 15 TB shirts- some are over 3 years old- wash them all in cold water and tumble dry cool. Most say 'dry clean only'. I figured that if they last 15 washes I've saved enough on dry cleaning to buy another :D:rolleyes:

Just like the feel of silk- cool when it's warm and warm when it's cool

DH bought a few on board Regent and PG. He washes them as well. They are no cheaper than state side but was a nice way to use OBC.

He bought a couple really cheap in China. They appear to be the real thing as well but who knows!

DH bought a few on board Regent and PG. He washes them as well. They are no cheaper than state side but was a nice way to use OBC.

He bought a couple really cheap in China. They appear to be the real thing as well but who knows!

I'll have no obc- what one thinks is fair or cheap is a personal thing. I've bought silk shirts for under $10 US and (don't tell the wife :rolleyes: ) and others for just under $100- how does PG fare in this

I think the Tommy Bahama shirts were in the $100 price range which is what I have seen them at in the outlets.

I normally buy mine from Macy's on sale- $50-90. Am willing to pay a bit more for a 'souvenir' :D

Aside from the ship's boutique, which may or may not have TB shirts, finding silk shirts in FP would be rather rare, I think. Most of the tourist shirts that I have seen are cotton. They have some nice shirts in the Hinano Store in Papeete--not sure if they do any of these in silk.