What's at the Princess Cays?

A Sixth?

We're cruising the Sun Princess this January and the only stop I don't know anything about is the privite island in the Bahamas. I believe the island is really Little San Salvador, is that right?

What's there? I see that the ship rents toys, are there any local haunts and places to rent tour on your own?

Thanks for the quick reply MichTraveler

So by the sounds of it, there is no 'town" or anything like that. Were there locals selling beer and rum and such, or is everything controled by Princess?

Also, how was the snorkeling.

I have been to Princess Cays numerous times. Other than a few little shacks of junky stuff sold by locals it is all controlled by Princess. They have numerous bars spread up and down the beach as well as Princess bar staff hawking drinks on the beach. The only food available is Princess. It is burgers, chicken, etc. and is at no charge. Typical private island fare. There are plenty of beach chairs to go around but keep in mind that 80% to 90% of the passengers go to the private island so a secluded spot is hard to come by. Snorkeling if fair, water is warm and clear. You can rent anything from floats, snorkel gear, banana boat rides, etc. Check your shor excursion info for more rentals. They also have organized kids activities supervised by Princess staf. fLots of palm trees on the beach so if you want to get out of the sun for a while you don't have to go far. The tenders from the ship run non stop all day. If you wait until it is time to get back to the ship expect a long line. Enjoy your time there!

Archived