*Newness* at Little French Key?

mitsugirly

Anyone been to LFK lately and can report back all the new things going on there?

I see their page has a "new at LFK" and list a new VIP area called "Kingston Beach".

The new Neptune Bar was built when we were there 4 months ago which had the new swim up bar.

Simba's new habitat looks like it's complete...however, I don't see any mention of the "ice cream" place that the owner had mentioned was being built over by his habitat.

But the thing that intrigues me the most...they are adding a new "Fun Deck" which looks and sounds like it's going to be really cool.

From their website:

"If you’ve enjoyed our Jump Platform at the Bottom up Bar, you’re in for even more fun. We’ve just recently completed the Fun Deck with higher jump platform, swinging ropes into the sea and soon to come water slide for the kids. Climb a few steps to reach the deck that is surrounded by the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean Sea and offers an incredible view of the island and an exhilarating jumping adventure.

Go ahead, take a plunge!"

I am super excited to see any information on this "newness" here. From the looks of the pictures they show online, it seems to be over by the beach that sits directly beside their home?

I know they use to have the wired chairs sitting way out here to sit on and when we were there 4 months ago, they had taken them out of the water and they were now sitting on the beach. The owner mentioned a lot of the work that they are doing to improve the place, but I don't recall him saying anything about this.

Then again...the more I look at the pictures, I'm starting to think that just maybe this could be the new area they built where they bring the people in and out to dock coming over from Frenchy 44's and facing the land. :confused:

Anyone been there lately and can report or have pictures? I would love to see.

Here's what the site has:

PC030244.jpg

PC030250.jpg

PC030251.jpg

PC030254.jpg

Will be there next week...can't wait! Have heard so many good things about this place...if half is true, we're in for a good day! How is the horseback riding? Is it worth it? Should we spend our time on the horses, or snorkeling off the boat?... or should we just enjoy the beach?

Thanks! First time in Roatan, so very grateful for any input.

So many things to do and see there! I didn't do the horseback riding but did read a review that said the area that they take the horses into is rocky which makes for an unsteady ride. I would just take it all in when you get there and see what interests you. We enjoyed the jumping platform, beach, kayaking, and holding the animals! Several in our group of 30 played with the jaguar in the water; which was the highlight of the cruise for many of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by imluvncruzn

Will be there next week...can't wait! Have heard so many good things about this place...if half is true, we're in for a good day! How is the horseback riding? Is it worth it? Should we spend our time on the horses, or snorkeling off the boat?... or should we just enjoy the beach?

Thanks! First time in Roatan, so very grateful for any input.

It's a beautiful place. I can't imagine having anything other than a good day there. :)

As for the horseback riding. I use to love riding horses when I was little, not so much as I have gotten older. We only did the horseback riding because my daughter had never rode a horse (well, maybe a pony at the zoo, but never a horse). It was also something that the owner had offered us for free (you'd have to read my last review for the details on that). Every single picture I have ever seen of people doing the horseback riding has been pictures of them in the lagoon area (which is the beautiful aqua water where you find the old jumping platform) and it's the most beautiful area there. I know that this area is NOT rocky at all. However, when we did it, they took us in the area right where the horses were kept and that area was rocky, which made for a rough ride. I don't know if it's because it was just a free ride or what, but I personally didn't enjoy it and neither did my daughter since the rocks in the water made for a rough ride. Had it been on the lagoon side, we probably would have liked it better.

I would DEFINITELY do the snorkeling tour that you could add on if you love snorkeling. Although I did the snorkeling add-on once I got there, I didn't get to go out with the boat and I'm so disappointed. We did however go out in the kayak and I have to say the coral was amazing. When I go back, I will definitely do the snorkeling tour from the boat. :)

So many things to do and see there! I didn't do the horseback riding but did read a review that said the area that they take the horses into is rocky which makes for an unsteady ride. I would just take it all in when you get there and see what interests you. We enjoyed the jumping platform, beach, kayaking, and holding the animals! Several in our group of 30 played with the jaguar in the water; which was the highlight of the cruise for many of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely agree with this. There's so much to do and see there that it's best to play it by ear once you get there. If you want to do something, add it on.

Thanks for your pictures of the new area. I figured it was over there and my husband reminded me that they were working on something in that area when we were there. I just thought they were expanding the docking area, but it must have been this instead. It looks like a lot of fun! I noticed they also added the rope swing to the other jumping platform as well (found in videos I have seen). It just keeps getting better. I can't wait to head back again some day. :)

Here's a video someone did the day they were there and it shows some of the area. It doesn't have the animals or the new area, but it sure represents the other areas pretty well and this video is absolutely amazing!

zUSmZ_hp5NI