Star TV Connections

Av8tor

We're sailing in May with our GD and want to be able to play her videos and dvds on the cabin's TV. Anyone know what type of connectors are on the TVs to allow video and audio playback?

Thanks,

I was on Star last year and was able to hook up my laptop with an HDMI cable. It was a bit difficult to connect the cable (I had to get a mirror out to see the back of the TV), but it worked just fine.

Exactly RickEK, I am on the star right now and I just stuck my hand behind the tv and felt an HDMI and RC jacks. The problem is the TV is locked into position and like Rick says you will need a mirror, flashlight or be a contortionist.

Have fun!

Message to my room steward: I found the spot you have been missing while cleaning my room. Hint hint!

The HDMI port has the wide side of the connector on the top and the smaller one on the bottom. The other issue may be that you cannot select the HDMI port from the TV controller. A lot of the ships not fully upgraded do not have the HDMI port but have Video and Audio connections on the front of the TV and may have a DVD player. YMMV.

The HDMI port has the wide side of the connector on the top and the smaller one on the bottom. The other issue may be that you cannot select the HDMI port from the TV controller. A lot of the ships not fully upgraded do not have the HDMI port but have Video and Audio connections on the front of the TV and may have a DVD player. YMMV.

Well, I was able to change the input with the remote...

Sometimes you can flip the locking handle on the TV support to give a little more clearance for your hand to fit behind the TV. On one ship it turned out to be better to lower the TV rather than raise it for more room to work.

Once the HDMI is plugged in, leave it there for the whole trip. The cabin steward won't touch it.

Just off the Star Princess (15 March 2015). Our cabin (C752) TV had 3 HDMI ports and one AV port. One HDMI port (HDMI 3) and the AV port were on the left had side of the TV looking at the screen, very easy to access.

The remote had an input button that gave access to all the inputs. Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone! So many cruises and I've never even noticed what type of connections there were. I guess when you have no need for them you tend to ignore them! Your info has really helped. I'll bring both HDMI and A/V cables and leave whichever is easier connected for the whole cruise. Hopefully our GD will be busy doing other things, but it's best to be ready to have the "pacifier" of her favorite movies ready to go!