Snorkeling

seg1

Two questions regarding snorkeling on Bermuda.

First, I'm going Memorial Day and have been told the water at some of the beaches is still uncomfortably cold. Which beaches have the warmest water?

Second, as I'm not much of a swimmer, are there any beaches where the fish come in towards the shallows (4'-5' depth)?

Thanks

Shelley Bay on the north shore is the kind of beach you seek, calm and shallow but you won't see too many fish there. The best snorkeling spots are around the reefs at Church Bay, Elbow Beach and Horseshoe Bay on the south shore where the water is deeper and you should really be a good swimmer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dolphins:
Shelley Bay on the north shore is the kind of beach you seek, calm and shallow but you won't see too many fish there. The best snorkeling spots are around the reefs at Church Bay, Elbow Beach and Horseshoe Bay on the south shore where the water is deeper and you should really be a good swimmer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be advised that Church Bay is closed until October.Some of the other snorkling areas are under renovations as well and may or may not be open.Make sure to check with tourist office when you get off the ship as to where to go.Shelly Bay should be fine though as I was just there.

Karen
Ü

There is also Tabacco Bay in St Georges.
Not deep unless you go to the side and around the rocks.
Im not a swimmer either and thats were I enjoy snorkling. We even bring our own stuff.

Nordic Empress 9-18
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;9;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

1987 Chandris Galileo
1989 Celebrity Meridian
1991 Celebrity Meridain
1992 Celebrity Horizon
1994 NCL Dreamward
1996 Celebrity Zenith
1998 NCL Crown
2000 Celebrity Zenith
2002 RCCL Nordic Empress
2003 Celebrity Zenith..the trip north
2004 RCCL Nordic Empress

Tobacco Bay has some great snorkeling. Also, go up the road towards Fort St. Catherine's. There is some good snorkeling there too. Elbow and Horseshoe had lots of fish but the current is a bit stronger too. Sorry to hear Church Bay is closed. I was looking forward to snorkeling there in August.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;8;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
NCL Majesty

Archived