Star Princess Aft Pool

siamesei

My friend & I are sailing on the Star February 19th & have a couple of questions. We are new to Princess!!! We like to relax in a quiet area, I like the sun & my friend prefers the shade. I have read there is a 'Aft Pool' & was thinking this may be just the place for us. My question is, is there a bar close for drinks or would we have to go up to the main pool for drinks? Also, is it ok for both sun & shade?

It appears that the Skywalkers night club has a similar design to the one on the Caribbean Princess. If that's the case it will hang over the aft Terrace Pool and will provide some shade depending on the time of day and the direction of the ship.

Hi Carqueen1, have a wonderful time have you been on the Star before?

No, but I've sailed on her sister ships, that why I know there is sun and shade in the aft area. Another idea for you is the spa pool, both sun and shade there too and no kids! LOL

Just off the Star. Terrace Pool on Deck 14 aft is adults only. There are a number lounge chairs on deck 14 around the pool area. There are also lounge chairs on deck 15 right above the pool as well as on deck 16. The bar is on Deck 15 right up the stairs. I'm not certain if there are bar waiters that roam around by the pool, but it is certainly a short walk to the bar. There are also tables and chairs on deck 15, the Horizon Terrace, where people from the buffet come outside to eat. Note that the port side of the Horizon Terrace is one of the few designated smoking areas on the ship.

Now for the shade question. This really depends on the direction the ship is going as well as the time of day and the position of the sun. All the lounge sitting areas are really open to the sky, but some sections are shaded by the ship's structure, as well as from Skywalker's Lounge on Deck 18 above and to the rear of the pool. The covered sitting area on deck 15 is occupied by the tables and chairs for outside dining.

Just a note about the other pools on the Star. On the Lido deck there is Neptune's Reef Pool with bar, as well as The Calypso Reef Indoor Pool with bar. Up front on deck16 is the "Lap" or spa pool with sauna and steam rooms (all no charge). There isn't any bar close to the Lap Pool. On deck 16 aft is the Oasis Pool, Hot Tub and Splash Pool. There is an Oasis Bar there, but I don't believe it is operational. There are hot tubs also at the Lap Pool, Neptune's Reef and Calypso Reef Pool.