Beverage Package Pricing Increase

If you upgrade pre-cruise before April 20th, you’ll only be paying the current difference to upgrade to Premium ($10 per day + 18% gratuity).

If you upgrade pre-cruise as of April 20th or onboard as of April 6th, then you’ll be paying the new upgrade rate to Premium ($16 per day + 18% gratuity).

We were considering upgrading to premium after a day or two onboard, but not at these inflated prices.

The difference between the two beverage packages is $10 a day. The difference as an upgrade price should stay the same.

At the very least, if the classic package was purchased (or received as a perk) BEFORE the date of the increase, then the upgrade to premium (whether in advance or onboard) should remain at the pre-increase price as well. They really need to consider that since SO many people have the package and were planning to (or considering an) upgrade.

This isn't a good start to what is going to be our first time on Celebrity. At this rate, it may be the last.

Edited by DinaS

Not really. I did not think you could upgrade perks online, that you had to wait on board to do so.

Not true. You may not be able to upgrade online, but you can call in and upgrade pre-cruise. You charge the upgrade to a credit card versus using OBC to pay the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

We were considering upgrading to premium after a day or two onboard, but not at these inflated prices.

The difference between the two beverage packages is $10 a day. The difference as an upgrade price should stay the same.

This isn't a good start to what is going to be our first time on Celebrity. At this rate, it may be the last.

Same here. We sail April 18 and were considering upgrading. I guess we won't be.

It's very frustrating when the rules change in the middle of the game.

I'm on Connie on the 9th to Rome, so the 1st cruise that new pricing would affect on that ship.

Perhaps I'll grab a drink and a seat near guest services and watch the fun...

No need to wait until you are on board. Sit back and relax right here & watch the show.

I sincerely hope that it is the end of all of these "free" incentives to sail.

wow.

I know it's not "free" but not really an impact if one has a free beverage package. But for someone buying a package ... you really need to do the math and figure out if the packages are worthwhile at those prices. It would not be for me.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, what I don't understand is why you get charged from the old package price to upgrade to the new price. If I have a classic package as a perk, it should still be $10 to upgrade not $16.

I will likely upgrade my kids from Classic N/A to Premium, but it should be $4 the increment between the two packages.

Not true. You may not be able to upgrade online, but you can call in and upgrade pre-cruise. You charge the upgrade to a credit card versus using OBC to pay the upgrade.

Yes. That is exactly what I did. I called in and upgraded using my credit card.

We were planning on upgrading on the ship anyway, so it made $$ sense to do it now.

I figured Celebrity would charge it that way.

My crazy logic being:

The classic pkg was obtained one of 2 ways:

purchasing it at $49 a day

or

receiving it free with a value of $49 a day

The new price of the premium pkg is $16 more than what we either paid or received value from.

At some point ppl will pay the new price for the classic and than I would only assume that upgrading would go back to the $10 per day.

Edited by butterflymama

I'm guessing the Celebrity rep was given the wrong information, as there is no logic to the $16 increase.

At least I'm hoping so.

The only logic would be if someone paid out of pocket 49$ when the new package is 65, then you have a difference of 16$.

However, the perk is a classic package which will be worth whatever the current price is when you board the cruise, not a 49$ credit towards it. Thus, someone should have a 55$ credit towards a 65$ package and pay 10$. Any other logic makes no sense.

Will the price limit onboard be increasing?

Over the past year MANY wines that were free with the premium package now have a surcharge. It would be nice if Celebrity at least increased the wine limit on the premium package. That has been the case with the classic package for about a year now.

Good question.

Does this mean that individual drink prices will increase starting April 20?

Decison is easy for me.

I will upgrade on line before the deadline. Spend my OBC on something else on my cruise in 2016.

We will be on the Summit leaving San Juan on April 11th (the first Summit cruise with the price increase). As I understand post #14, the cost of upgrading two Classic Drink Packages will be $264.32 ($16.00 per day plus 18% gratuity). The previous cost to upgrade was $165.20, or an increase of $99.12.

According to Post #14, if we upgrade before April 20, then we pay the rate at $10.00 per day. Is it too late for us to upgrade "pre-cruise" when we leave on April 11th? If it is not too late to for us to upgrade "pre-cruise", how do you upgrade the drink package "pre-cruise" before boarding?

Hope someone has an answer.

The only logic would be if someone paid out of pocket 49$ when the new package is 65, then you have a difference of 16$.

However, the perk is a classic package which will be worth whatever the current price is when you board the cruise, not a 49$ credit towards it. Thus, someone should have a 55$ credit towards a 65$ package and pay 10$. Any other logic makes no sense.

I already have my invoice for my cruise in 2016. It lists the price of the CBP and then credits it back on the invoice. Same for gratuties.

So if I take this to guest relation when on board, they will say I only have a $49.00 a day credit CDP. To upgrade to $65.00, I would have to pony up the difference.

I will do it before the April deadline.

If you upgrade pre-cruise before April 20th, you’ll only be paying the current difference to upgrade to Premium ($10 per day + 18% gratuity).

If you upgrade pre-cruise as of April 20th or onboard as of April 6th, then you’ll be paying the new upgrade rate to Premium ($16 per day + 18% gratuity).

On my booked sailings, I was given the Classic Package free of charge. It was not "Classic Package at a specified cost".

Therefore, when I sail in May 2015 and Sept 2016, I should be credited with the cost at those times, and the upgrade costs should be the difference in the package costs at the time.

You may be able to get away with this in the US, but UK consumer protection law is somewhat more intrusive, and I just hope that a UK lawyer is affected by this, because I suspect that he/she may well make a claim against you as a matter of principle.

Stuart

I already have my invoice for my cruise in 2016. It lists the price of the CBP and then credits it back on the invoice. Same for gratuties.

So if I take this to guest relation when on board, they will say I only have a $49.00 a day credit CDP. To upgrade to $65.00, I would have to pony up the difference.

I will do it before the April deadline.

I booked through a TA so I do not have a visibility to that. I get on my invoice

"All-In Cel 123 Go-Bev. Pkg $0.00 $0.00"

Edited by angelhelly

Did the math for a Canadian. If it stayed the same my cost is $12.80 pp pd. If I phone it in before the increase its $15.10 pp pd. if I do it on board with OBC that I've already paid for its $20.48 pp pd :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I booked through a TA so I do not have a visibility to that. I get on my invoice

"All-In Cel 123 Go-Bev. Pkg $0.00 $0.00"

We booked directly with Celebrity.

Mine says: SUN3-BEVAINGRAT $637.00

The it says:123-GOPROMO -$637.00

This is for a thirteen day cruise.

OMG - Inflation has really hit hard. I know the Stock Holders need to get their Dividends and the Company needs the revenue to keep afloat.

They also raised the Specialty Restaurants late last year.

Tips went from 15% to 18% which was a 20% increase a month or so ago and now -

Percentages of Package changes:

12% - Soda Package $8.00 --> $9.00

14% - Premium Water Package $14.00 --> $16.00

13% - Classic N/A Beverage Package $16.00 --> $18.00

10% - Premium N/A Beverage Package $20.00 --> $22.00

12% - Classic Beverage Package $49.00 --> $55.00

10% - Premium Beverage Package $59.00 --> $65.00

What is going up next?

Since both Classic and Premium packages are both increasing by the same amount ($6 per day) - the difference in pricing between Classic and Premium remains constant ($10 + gratuities) - so can you explain to me why the cost to upgrade between the two would have to increase?

While I do understand that I can upgrade now to get the pre-increase pricing, this means that those who plan to use their onboard spending dollars to upgrade to premium will either be penalized for doing so (an extra $6 per day) - or they will have to purchase the upgrades out of pocket now instead. It would be nice if Celebrity would allow us to use the onboard spending for package upgrades in advance of the cruise itself - since we are effectively purchasing onboard services in advance.

Just my two-cents.

Thanks for the opportunity to respond on this.

We booked directly with Celebrity.

Mine says: SUN3-BEVAINGRAT $637.00

The it says:123-GOPROMO -$637.00

This is for a thirteen day cruise.

We booked onboard last week, OV room for 2017(15 day canal) which qualifies for one of three, and we chose the beverage package. Mine says:

Cruise fare

Spring Beverage: 0.00

Spring Savings -150.00

Vacation Protection Plan - 119.00

Gratuities -180.00

Taxes, fees, etc.

It was very clear we were getting the Beverage Promo, and I have the onboard paperwork to back it up, etc. and it was discussed with cruise agent. I am not sure why it says 0.00, but, I do believe since it is listed it is part of the package.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

Will the price limit onboard be increasing?

Over the past year MANY wines that were free with the premium package now have a surcharge. It would be nice if Celebrity at least increased the wine limit on the premium package. That has been the case with the classic package for about a year now.

Good question.

Does this mean that individual drink prices will increase starting April 20?

Decison is easy for me.

I will upgrade on line before the deadline. Spend my OBC on something else on my cruise in 2016.

I concur with the question about caps for what is covered in the beverage packages, specifically the Premium Alcohol Package. Especially more so now knowing that there were no increases made to the caps in the Premium Alcohol Package back when Celebrity increased drink prices across the board that caused drinks that were once covered to now require the guest to "cover the difference". Now the package costs even more and still no update on "caps". :confused:

The decision is also easy for me as I will be paying the upgrade now (vs. with OBC on the ship). However, it doesn't make me a happy camper knowing I need to do that. :(

This is tough news to swallow, so to speak. I've read the posts but am confused.

I got the 123 package for a November cruise. I upgraded it via phone two weeks ago. Credit card has been charged.

I will be covered for the premium package on board correct?

This is tough news to swallow, so to speak. I've read the posts but am confused.

I got the 123 package for a November cruise. I upgraded it via phone two weeks ago. Credit card has been charged.

I will be covered for the premium package on board correct?

Yes

I concur with the question about caps for what is covered in the beverage packages, specifically the Premium Alcohol Package. Especially more so now knowing that there were no increases made to the caps in the Premium Alcohol Package back when Celebrity increased drink prices across the board that caused drinks that were once covered to now require the guest to "cover the difference". Now the package costs even more and still no update on "caps". :confused:

The decision is also easy for me as I will be paying the upgrade now (vs. with OBC on the ship). However, it doesn't make me a happy camper knowing I need to do that. :(

I , as will many others , agree wholeheartedly with you here. When it comes to wine by the glass especially when dining , the Premium Beverage Package is miserly at best . Now with the increase in price with no adjustment to the $ limit per glass it is pathetic. Modern Luxury ?