Beverage Package Pricing Increase

If this is correct, why US $12 ?

Isnt the difference between US65 and US55, only US $10 ??

Has nothing to do with exchange rates as all figures are in US $.

I could understand if was AU $12 as this is roughly equal to US $10.

This gets more confusing every day, I think we are getting a whole lot more inaccurate info. than what is actually factual.

I know we had an onboard report a week or so ago, would be interesting to see what is happening right to people who are cruising and upgrading onboard. At the end of the day it should be US $10 per day + 18% no matter if the Classic was purchased or "included".

$10 + 18% grats = $11.80 and I suspect someone just rounded it to $12. ;)

We've cruised in Australia and gratuities are already included in any prices quoted so yes, that's what it is.

$10 + 18% and round up to $12.

We've cruised in Australia and gratuities are already included in any prices quoted so yes, that's what it is.

You mean they are stiffing us 20 cents per person per day :eek:

:D

You mean they are stiffing us 20 cents per person per day :eek:

:D

The example had to be for conversation purposes only. When we did it on ship the cents were in the tally on our account.

image.jpg.29b99e183cef57c69f6504190bd0c483.jpg

If what I'm reading about the Molecular Bar replacement is correct

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199596

the price of upgrading our package may be a moot point. :(

beginning to question whether to try other cruise lines. cellar masters gone , gratuities hiked to 18% now molecular goes , Not to mention the nonsense with the increase in beverage packages.

will give Cel x another shot in June but my 2016 & 2017 reservations look a bit shakey [emoji79]

Edited by gcgold

Skips - Skippy The Bush Kangaroo. Is what some nationalities call us.

Exchange rates have been mentioned, this is why I mentioned. What, am I not allowed my opinion :)

Ive not heard of that expression. I think the exchange rate confuses the discussion so best stick with USD as a reference.

Ive not heard of that expression. I think the exchange rate confuses the discussion so best stick with USD as a reference.

Except Celebrity offers the drinks packages in AUD for bookings in our region, so it is wise to know what the exchange rate is when checking the AU price against the US price, otherwise you could get ripped off as per the RCI prices I mentioned earlier.

Except Celebrity offers the drinks packages in AUD for bookings in our region, so it is wise to know what the exchange rate is when checking the AU price against the US price, otherwise you could get ripped off as per the RCI prices I mentioned earlier.

the good old RCCI exchange rate [emoji41]

last year i got an email saying buy package in advance save $5 per day. called Cel in UK and was quoted a price that equated to $5 per day more than booking on the boat.

however this year called because of he upgrade confusion . should have been $11.80 per day . however rate quoted was equivalent to just under $10 per day. result a happy brit boy [emoji41]

Edited by gcgold

If what I'm reading about the Molecular Bar replacement is correct

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199596

the price of upgrading our package may be a moot point. :(

I'm with you. The Molecular Bar was my reason for upgrading my package. I don't care if they use Stoli or Ketel One in my Bloody Mary's, but when it comes to a scorpion kiss................

I'm with you. The Molecular Bar was my reason for upgrading my package. I don't care if they use Stoli or Ketel One in my Bloody Mary's, but when it comes to a scorpion kiss................

And my only reason is craft beers. I can drink a vodka tonic with crap vodka, but I can't drink the nasty yellow fizzy stuff they put out on the classic package.

Bottom line, for about $12 a day a piece, we can drink what we want, when we want, made from whatever we want it made with:) up to $13 per item with no cap on the number of items. Not a bad deal at all.

"up to$13 per item" is a tad misleading. most of these drinks i would get at less than the equivalent of circa $8 and no 18% nonsense. and its not $ 12 per day its that extra to what is included in the classic that one has paid for - directly or indirectly.

"up to$13 per item" is a tad misleading. most of these drinks i would get at less than the equivalent of circa $8 and no 18% nonsense. and its not $ 12 per day its that extra to what is included in the classic that one has paid for - directly or indirectly.

We have booked and cruised under the 123 program the last two Novembers.

Both times we choose the Classic bev pkg as our perk. Both times the people in the cabin next to us paid 'hundreds' more than us, with no perk at all.

This yr we have all 3 perks and double OBC. Not a thing 'misleading' to us!

So in a way I guess you are correct, but it is everyone else on the sailing that is subsiding, ie;"paid for - directly or indirectly" for our booking. :) and for this we thank them very very VERY much!

EW

We have booked and cruised under the 123 program the last two Novembers.

Both times we choose the Classic bev pkg as our perk. Both times the people in the cabin next to us paid 'hundreds' more than us, with no perk at all.

This yr we have all 3 perks and double OBC. Not a thing 'misleading' to us!

So in a way I guess you are correct, but it is everyone else on the sailing that is subsiding, ie;"paid for - directly or indirectly" for our booking. :) and for this we thank them very very VERY much!

EW

I agree. :D

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Bottom line, for about $12 a day a piece, we can drink what we want, when we want, made from whatever we want it made with:) up to $13 per item with no cap on the number of items. Not a bad deal at all.

Yes, and we will upgrade regardless of the price. The Premium package is priceless.

BUT - I am a zealot when it comes to truth in advertising - don't promise or advertise anything you cannot deliver or have no intentions of delivering. That also applied when we were raising our kids.

Yes, and we will upgrade regardless of the price. The Premium package is priceless.

BUT - I am a zealot when it comes to truth in advertising - don't promise or advertise anything you cannot deliver or have no intentions of delivering. That also applied when we were raising our kids.

We agree on many things, yet see other's thru a different set of glasses:D from time to time.

With over a million people every year sailing on Celebrity, if there were any thing to deceptive advertising the class action law suit filing would put the Co under as soon as it was filed. As many a great chef has said, the devil is in the details, and the fine print won't support those intentions.

So here we are yet again, may you have clear sky's, calm sea's, and lots of SPF 30.

EW

So here we are yet again, may you have clear sky's, calm sea's, and lots of SPF 30.

EW

Indeed. And back at you! :p

With regards to truth in advertising, I think this time last year Celebrity had breached Australia's consumer protection legislation when drinks offered under the basic package were priced out of it so that advertised brands in the package were no longer available. But that was reversed quickly. We ended up upgrading anyway - bad move, it hooked us in. :p

Edited by Pushka

We agree on many things, yet see other's thru a different set of glasses:D from time to time.

With over a million people every year sailing on Celebrity, if there were any thing to deceptive advertising the class action law suit filing would put the Co under as soon as it was filed. As many a great chef has said, the devil is in the details, and the fine print won't support those intentions.

EW

I love you Wallie!

After all of the mean, attacking remarks that others make on some of these threads here you are - the voice of reason!

I love you Wallie!

After all of the mean, attacking remarks that others make on some of these threads here you are - the voice of reason!

Well, DUH! SPF 30 is a must! Don't know just why the sun is so much stronger out on deck:D Just common sence;)

Ok, back to our normal scheduled discussion!

I went in to upgrade on Monday and neither the TA or Celeb rep they called seemed to know nothing about the price increase.. I said I wanted to upgrade from the classic to the premium anyway as the increase was a fair bit dearer and of course their site was down and the rep said it had to be booked through the personilizer. So I left it with my TA and she booked it and charged me $218 for a 8 day cruise for my husband and I for the difference. We are in Australia so it works out at $13.60 per day difference.I still dont know the break up of it but that was the cost in AUD.

My husband and I like a drink but I dont think I would upgrade at $16 plus 18% with the conversion it is ridiculous,especially as we upgraded from Classic to Premium last Xmas and by day 3 or 4 of 12 they had run out of so many top shelf alcohol and many mixers for cocktails, I really hope this is not the case on our Solstice cruise this Xmas.

I am only ugrading this time so I can sample some Molecular Cocktails as the Century did not have that bar.

Is it common for Celebrity to run out of alcohol with all the "free" beverage packs? or just in Australia and on the Xmas /New years Cruise we were on?

So I left it with my TA and she booked it and charged me $218 for a 8 day cruise for my husband and I for the difference. We are in Australia so it works out at $13.60 per day difference.I still dont know the break up of it but that was the cost in AUD.

That's a great price. Upgrade price is US $10 plus 18% = US $11.80. Current exchange rate is 1.28 which would make that AU $15.10. You got a bargain! :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ