Pirate ship bar in King's Wharf

jerseyjjs

I believe it was named Calico Jack's. Is that hideous eyesore still open and located at the Kings Wharf dock. I remember being docked along the pier and having to endure the noise from it well into the wee hours of the morning. Actually went to it one evening and it was $8 for a watered down cocktail. I'm hoping it's gone. Anyone know? TIA.

It was there last year when we were in Bermuda in September. Did not notice that it was really noisy, though.

Many times you can hear it at night on the web cam and it's not all that close to where the cam is located. One night, someone even heard a person ordering their drinks. :eek::D

I believe it was named Calico Jack's. Is that hideous eyesore still open and located at the Kings Wharf dock. I remember being docked along the pier and having to endure the noise from it well into the wee hours of the morning. Actually went to it one evening and it was $8 for a watered down cocktail. I'm hoping it's gone. Anyone know? TIA.

Just on a side note, that pirate ship bar was put in the water at the Dockyard after our last cruise, so we've never seen it ourselves. But one thing I do know is supposedly people are invited to jump into the water off the pirate ship. I can't tell you how many times we've seen Portuguese Man O' Wars just crowding the waters around that area in particular. Too many to count, it was like a PMOW convention. :eek: So no - no jumping off the pirate ship for us! LOL

Lorie

Just on a side note, that pirate ship bar was put in the water at the Dockyard after our last cruise, so we've never seen it ourselves. But one thing I do know is supposedly people are invited to jump into the water off the pirate ship. I can't tell you how many times we've seen Portuguese Man O' Wars just crowding the waters around that area in particular. Too many to count, it was like a PMOW convention. :eek: So no - no jumping off the pirate ship for us! LOL

Good to know. I'm surprised to hear they encourage jumping if that is the case!

Good to know. I'm surprised to hear they encourage jumping if that is the case!

The sad truth is, sometimes tourists don't pack their common sense and combined with a few rum swizzles...well...I'm just sayin'!

We were there last July and our balcony was on that side of the ship.

The noise from it was awful~ We enjoy listening to music, but we heard more yelling and cursing. Then the music kept getting louder and louder. The people who jumped off would then sit on a large air mattress and then they would be loud. It was open quite late into the early morning hours.

This may make some $$ for the Island, but definitely wasn't a plus for us.

Does anyone know what side the summit docks in Bermuda? I hear the wharf Bar is very loud and goes into the wee hours of the morning. I'd prefer to be on the other side of the ship. We are in cabin 9110 and 9112. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know what side the summit docks in Bermuda? I hear the wharf Bar is very loud and goes into the wee hours of the morning. I'd prefer to be on the other side of the ship. We are in cabin 9110 and 9112. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is no way of telling which way it will dock. It all depends on ship maintenance, or crew safety drills so it could be either way. You could look at the webcam each week to see if there is some pattern but I suspect it will be random. The Summit is a bit farther away from Calico Jack's so that might be in your favor.

We were there on Breakaway last July. My son and I went to Calico Jack's for a drink one evening. It was kind of a dive if you ask me. We left after one drink.

[ATTACH]345844[/ATTACH][ATTACH]345845[/ATTACH]

Agree. We stopped by on the way back to the ship. "Walked the plank" and left!