[quote name='OzPinoyCruiser']Hi everyone! Where is everyone from? We are a gay couple based in Sydney Australia.[/QUOTE]

Also Sydney. Solo here.

Hi Austcruiser84 & Bo1953! Welcome to LGBT cruisers. We are still new to cruising and loving it. So far we haven't done any gay cruise yet. Maybe one day when we get to know more people like us... c",)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote name='OzPinoyCruiser']Hi Austcruiser84 & Bo1953! Welcome to LGBT cruisers. We are still new to cruising and loving it. So far we haven't done any gay cruise yet. Maybe one day when we get to know more people like us... c",)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I haven't done a gay cruise either. However, I've met many gay people on my Cunard voyages.

Not sure id want to do a gay cruise.

[quote name='Austcruiser84']I haven't done a gay cruise either. However, I've met many gay people on my Cunard voyages.

Not sure id want to do a gay cruise.[/QUOTE]

Yes we are actually hesitant unless we will go on a group. I am afraid we don't have those nice bodies to show of hehehehe. We are happy with the normal cruise and yes we made new gay/straight friends onboard.

[quote name='OzPinoyCruiser']Yes we are actually hesitant unless we will go on a group. I am afraid we don't have those nice bodies to show of hehehehe. We are happy with the normal cruise and yes we made new gay/straight friends onboard.[/QUOTE]

Many, if not the majority, of the men on the all-gay charters also don't have model-ready bodies. Many are just ordinary folk who love a great vacation in a whole different atmosphere than can be found anywhere else. Those all-gay cruises are just so much fun we do one almost every year. And believe me, my body is not for showing off. I never had a bathing suit on during the last RSVP cruise in February. But those who do look fabulous in their speedos just add to the fun of being on the cruise.

My partner and I are from Washington, DC and currently have 4 cruises booked for the future. One regular, one gay group, one RSVP and in October 2016, an all-gay small ship charter.

[quote name='Darrell6t']Many, if not the majority, of the men on the all-gay charters also don't have model-ready bodies. Many are just ordinary folk who love a great vacation in a whole different atmosphere than can be found anywhere else. Those all-gay cruises are just so much fun we do one almost every year. And believe me, my body is not for showing off. I never had a bathing suit on during the last RSVP cruise in February. But those who do look fabulous in their speedos just add to the fun of being on the cruise.

My partner and I are from Washington, DC and currently have 4 cruises booked for the future. One regular, one gay group, one RSVP and in October 2016, an all-gay small ship charter.[/QUOTE]

Nice to hear that from you Darrell6t! Maybe one day we will try it also. It will be on our list to do. But for now happy to keep cruising with the regular cruises.

And thank you for sharing your experiences. Happy to hear from you more as we go along.

[quote name='pauleydm']We are from Orlando, Florida.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to LGBT Cruisers Pauleydm! Thank you for dropping by. We will visit Orlando next year as we are doing the Harmony of the Seas Transatlantic Cruise from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale in October 2016.

[quote name='OzPinoyCruiser']Yes we are actually hesitant unless we will go on a group. I am afraid we don't have those nice bodies to show of hehehehe. We are happy with the normal cruise and yes we made new gay/straight friends onboard.

Gay cruises tend to be Caribbean based and sail in and out of places like Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Perhaps when I can fly there easily I will do one. Transiting in the US does not appeal. I've seen trip reports online!

My wife and I are from the Midlands region of the UK. We thought about going on an Olivia cruise but decided we get far more for our money on a 'regular' cruise.

[quote name='Dr.A']My wife and I are from the Midlands region of the UK. We thought about going on an Olivia cruise but decided we get far more for our money on a 'regular' cruise.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to group Dr. A! I agree with you. maybe it is for the experience also to be on a gay cruise. For now happy to do the regular cruise until when we get to know more people like us to join them on a gay cruise. Aside from money, our main concern is if we are ready for such big activities. As both of us are not into big parties and bars. Most of our friends also are straight people. Thus I created this thread to meet and mingle with people like us.

[quote name='OzPinoyCruiser']Welcome to group Dr. A! I agree with you. maybe it is for the experience also to be on a gay cruise. For now happy to do the regular cruise until when we get to know more people like us to join them on a gay cruise. Aside from money, our main concern is if we are ready for such big activities. As both of us are not into big parties and bars. Most of our friends also are straight people. Thus I created this thread to meet and mingle with people like us.

Thank you! This thread is a nice initiative. We are the same as you as we aren't into big parties and bars. We are boring in that respect! :) Nearly all our friends are straight except a few.

I enjoy meeting new people may they be LGBT or straight as long as they're nice people. :)

Hi, we're from Dallas, TX. Never have done an all gay cruise, but have done a couple of chartered Halloween trips and had a blast.

[quote name='john1701d']Hi, we're from Dallas, TX. Never have done an all gay cruise, but have done a couple of chartered Halloween trips and had a blast.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the thread john1701d! I am sure your experiences and suggestions will be valuable as we go along. So far we've done only regular cruises and we did enjoy each of them. And met some gay groups and couples. One the couple is coming to visit us here in Land Down Under next year...

[quote name='Dr.A']Thank you! This thread is a nice initiative. We are the same as you as we aren't into big parties and bars. We are boring in that respect! :) Nearly all our friends are straight except a few.

I enjoy meeting new people may they be LGBT or straight as long as they're nice people. :)[/QUOTE]

Welcome Dr. A! Hahahaha we are sure you are not a boring couple. We would say...just a different interest in that respect.

Hello!

My husband and I live in the Chicago suburbs. We've taken three Celebrity cruises so far and have an Eastern Caribbean cruise scheduled for November.

I don't think we'd have any issue with an all-gay cruise, but I'm not sure we'd find value in the added cost on top of the base cruise fare. I could be wrong, though! We have certainly met and chatted with many other nice LGBT folk on our cruises.

Duncan

[quote name='DuncanHusky']Hello!

My husband and I live in the Chicago suburbs. We've taken three Celebrity cruises so far and have an Eastern Caribbean cruise scheduled for November.

I don't think we'd have any issue with an all-gay cruise, but I'm not sure we'd find value in the added cost on top of the base cruise fare. I could be wrong, though! We have certainly met and chatted with many other nice LGBT folk on our cruises.

Duncan[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the thread Duncan! Yes we will not know unless we try ourselves. Maybe one day will join the all gay cruise. Hope to meet more people like us on normal cruises or go on normal cruises together somewhere somehow across the globe... Last time we cruised with Celebrity Millennium there are around 30plus of us who joined the LGBT meet and greet arranged by the cruise director staff. And every night before dinner we meet at the Martini Bar. It was a memorable cruise and met new friends whom we are in regular contact.

My "location" indicates Tampa, Fla, but not for long. We've been spending part of the year here for 4 yrs now, and part of the year on Cape Cod, Mass. Some folks are just not "Florida people" and that's us. Our house here is on the market and we will be moving back permanently to Cape Cod as soon as it's sold. I've been on well over 100 cruises/TA's starting when I was a kid in the 60's w/ my parents. Hubby and I have been on 20 or so. One all gay charter...not the cruise experience we were looking for and won't do one again. We've always met other gay folk on all the cruises we've been on, but that's not the criteria we have to have in order to enjoy a cruise experience. Hoping to visit "down under" soon, but there is so much to see and experience, it will be a land trip as a cruise to that destination just won't be enough to see/experience all that we want to. Edited by donnatello

[quote name='donnatello']My "location" indicates Tampa, Fla, but not for long. We've been spending part of the year here for 4 yrs now, and part of the year on Cape Cod, Mass. Some folks are just not "Florida people" and that's us. Our house here is on the market and we will be moving back permanently to Cape Cod as soon as it's sold. I've been on well over 100 cruises/TA's starting when I was a kid in the 60's w/ my parents. Hubby and I have been on 20 or so. One all gay charter...not the cruise experience we were looking for and won't do one again. We've always met other gay folk on all the cruises we've been on, but that's not the criteria we have to have in order to enjoy a cruise experience. Hoping to visit "down under" soon, but there is so much to see and experience, it will be a land trip as a cruise to that destination just won't be enough to see/experience all that we want to.[/QUOTE]

Welcome Donnatello! Oh wow 100 cruise... Your presence here is much appreciated. And yeah do come and visit us here Land down under....

OzPinoyCruiser: And a very close friend of ours cousin married a fellow from Perth and live there, now. She's been asking her cousin, who lives near us to come visit, and were invited to come along....and we will!

Gay couple living in the Boise, Idaho area. We are originally from New York City/New Jersey area. Love cruises and decided it was the perfect way for us to get married.

[quote name='donnatello']OzPinoyCruiser: And a very close friend of ours cousin married a fellow from Perth and live there, now. She's been asking her cousin, who lives near us to come visit, and were invited to come along....and we will![/QUOTE]

Welcome to land down under...

[quote name='beachmonkey']Gay couple living in the Boise, Idaho area. We are originally from New York City/New Jersey area. Love cruises and decided it was the perfect way for us to get married.[/QUOTE]

Yeah must be exciting and fun...best wishes on your big day...

[quote name='donnatello']OzPinoyCruiser: And a very close friend of ours cousin married a fellow from Perth and live there, now. She's been asking her cousin, who lives near us to come visit, and were invited to come along....and we will![/QUOTE]

Great...

Hi. JD from Canberra. National capital of Australia. :). Been on two cruises so far and booked on three more over next 12 months. Never been on a gay cruise but would like to. Just have limited choice here in Australia. Would have to travel overseas so a gay cruise becomes a bit of a holiday event and cost :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

[quote name='jd07']Hi. JD from Canberra. National capital of Australia. :). Been on two cruises so far and booked on three more over next 12 months. Never been on a gay cruise but would like to. Just have limited choice here in Australia. Would have to travel overseas so a gay cruise becomes a bit of a holiday event and cost :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the thread JD! Indeed we are a bit limited here in Australia and we just need to make the most out of it.

Thanks. I agree with making the most of it. Most gay cruises here tend to be group bookings on mainstream cruises. Would be interesting to do an Aussie one :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

We're a male couple from the suburbs of Toronto, Canada who have been together over 26 years. Can't believe I reached 50 last year. :eek:

Done 11 cruises so far but still would not consider myself an expert on the subject matter. To answer your last question - we're going all out and doing something we've never done before - small ship expedition cruising. Going from Greenland across to the Arctic islands of Nunavut, Canada and down the coast of Labrador, Canada. Bloody expensive and may have to go a few years without a cruise to recover the cost but I consider it a once in a lifetime journey.

As for cruise style? We tend to keep to ourselves and are not big party people. We never done a gay cruise but have been happy thus far with our experiences on mainstream cruises. Met a few gay and straight people that we continue to stay in contact with. I'm a rarity in that I also love the at sea days! No land, no problem!:D

[quote name='Bramcruiser']We're a male couple from the suburbs of Toronto, Canada who have been together over 26 years. Can't believe I reached 50 last year. :eek:

Done 11 cruises so far but still would not consider myself an expert on the subject matter. To answer your last question - we're going all out and doing something we've never done before - small ship expedition cruising. Going from Greenland across to the Arctic islands of Nunavut, Canada and down the coast of Labrador, Canada. Bloody expensive and may have to go a few years without a cruise to recover the cost but I consider it a once in a lifetime journey.

As for cruise style? We tend to keep to ourselves and are not big party people. We never done a gay cruise but have been happy thus far with our experiences on mainstream cruises. Met a few gay and straight people that we continue to stay in contact with. I'm a rarity in that I also love the at sea days! No land, no problem!:D[/QUOTE]

Nice to hear from you Bramcruiser! Wow that is a fantastic plan for you guys. We are also new to cruising and we are going on a cruise with another couple friend from Barcelona to Florida October next year.

Hi we are Mark and Bill from San Francisco. Married almost 25 years with two children. We will be sailing on the Grand Princess to Mexico, departing from San Francisco on December 20, 2015.

[quote name='wdenim']Hi we are Mark and Bill from San Francisco. Married almost 25 years with two children. We will be sailing on the Grand Princess to Mexico, departing from San Francisco on December 20, 2015.[/QUOTE]

Hi Mark and Bill! Welcome to the thread.... Would love to hear from you more... Thanks

Don't think I ever checked into this thread. Married gay couple here in Baton Rouge, LA. Just recently discovered cruising but have done 3 in the last 7 months! Taking a break for the next year and planning a big Baltic cruise next summer. Very excited and hope to meet some LGBT people on the cruise! Europe has got to be more open minded than Louisiana, right?! Well, maybe not St. Petersburg. lol

[quote name='BigB0882']Don't think I ever checked into this thread. Married gay couple here in Baton Rouge, LA. Just recently discovered cruising but have done 3 in the last 7 months! Taking a break for the next year and planning a big Baltic cruise next summer. Very excited and hope to meet some LGBT people on the cruise! Europe has got to be more open minded than Louisiana, right?! Well, maybe not St. Petersburg. lol[/QUOTE]

Nice to hear from you BigBO! I'm sure you will meet some LGBT people as you go along. We met some new friends on our last cruise and so much fun to have new friends like us across the globe.

Hi everyone

We are a female couple from Ireland , but currently living near Manchester in the UK. Have been on 8 cruises since getting the bug in 2012 and have another 3 on the horizon, first of those being in September this year, can't wait and we are just back of Allure a few weeks ago.....All with Royal Caribbean..... Have never really considered an all gay cruise, as we have always met lovely people, both gay and straight on board.

Ozpinoycruiser,

not sure if you are interested but there is a G & L roll call for the Harmony Transatlantic in the G & L roll call section, I only know this as I just posted there myself, as this will be the 3rd of 3 upcoming cruises next year, so looks like we will be on the same trip. [emoji2]