LGBT Cruisers

OzPinoyCruiser

Except for a few cruise lines on the very top end, 'formal' nights are less formal than even a couple of decades ago.

Slacks and a nice shirt are acceptable in most cases.  A blazer added to this is a plus. 

On our last cruise with HAL there were few gowns.  Mostly what one would wear to a nice restaurant in the evening at home.

But no flip-flops, shorts, tank tops (though the females on board can usually get away with this, much to my objection to the double standard).

You should ask the specific cruise line what their dress code really means. 

1 hour ago, beachlovers1129 said:

my wife doesn't wear womens clothes such as gowns dress slacks etc  I was wondering what she could wear for formal night that would be allowed on Carnival

We personally have not had experience with Formal night for Carnival Recently ~

That being said I am sure they would be fairly close to others, which are

No Flip Flops
No Shorts

No T-Shirts

So I am sure something along the means of a Button up Shirt and some form of appropriate long leg covering (not good with terms for clothes LOL) 

Did a google on Female Business Casual - Which is what I perceive as being "formal" for MDR. And most of what I saw I would perceive as being appropriate/acceptable . Maybe that will help? If not let me know and I will do some 'research' in the matter to Help

11 hours ago, beachlovers1129 said:

my wife doesn't wear womens clothes such as gowns dress slacks etc  I was wondering what she could wear for formal night that would be allowed on Carnival

Here is a direct quote from the Carnival site: https://www.carnival.com/awaywego/cruising-fun/how-to-plan/what-to-wear-on-a-cruise

"If you want to attend a “cruise elegant” evening, bring a fancier, more formal outfit. Men can wear suits or dress slacks with a sport coat and dress shirt. For women, cocktail dresses, pantsuits or elegant skirts and blouses are appropriate. Some guests like to go all out with a tuxedo or ball gown."

If yet in doubt, call Carnival Cruise Lines--

In USA: 1 (800) 764-7419

In UK: +44 23 8065 5000

Just wondering if anyone has thought about making a return TA in the fall on Pullman or other line?

Schengen limits non-EU citizens, generally, to 90 days in 180.

So when one sails TA from the Americas (Pullman leaves Colon on 17APR2020) and stops in the Azores (29APR2020), that is a day in the Schengen Area to be subtracted from the 90.  After debarkation, stay in the Schengen Area for longer.

And where would you go so that you could have enough Schengen Area days to let you take the return TA cruise in September?  (Leaves Lisbon 18SEP with a stop in Punta Delgada, Portugal 21SEP.)

Being retired, time is not as important as it is for those who have to vacation, then get back to the work treadmill.  Plus, cruising both ways would avoid that very long, uncomfortable airplane flight.  If returning to the States from Central or South America, it is easy to break up the trip into affordable,  manageable segments, have done that before.

Ideas welcome.

Non-Schengen European Countries

Albania

Andora
    Armenia
    Azerbaijan
    Belarus
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Bulgaria
    Croatia
    Cyprus
    England
    Georgia
    Ireland
    Kosovo
    Macedonia
    Moldova
    Monaco
    Montenegro
    Northern Ireland
    Romania
    San Marino
    Scotland
    Serbia
    Turkey
    Ukraine
    Vatican City
    Wales

Edited by joat

Hi everyone. My partner and I (and his sister and Mom) will be taking our first cruise this summer. We'll be on Royal Caribbean going to Alaska. What really started as a way for his Mom to get to mark another state off her visit-all-the-states-list, has become a trip I'm looking forward to immensely. I've been reading up on our itinerary, excursions are booked, specialty dining figured out...we're ready to go!

My partner and I (and his sister and Mom) will be taking our first cruise this summer. We'll be on Royal Caribbean going to Alaska.

Terrific!  We have been on three Alaska cruises.  Beautiful.  Know you will have a great time.

• 4 weeks later...
HI,

image.png

image.png Come along!
Contact our HAL rep if you are interested in joining us on this cruise: Lisa LeTavec @
Personal Cruise Consultant, Holland America Line

800 355 3017 Ext 29303

NOTE: As we usually do, we booked a large inside cabin.  It is the last of that category, but there are other fine cabins yet available.  We opted for the pricing that included the Signature Beverage Package as well ( It includes a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, sodas and coffee,specialty coffees.  Limited to 15 drinks/day.)  Just click on the itinerary and then scroll down to find the various cabin types and pricing.

Hope some of you can join us!

On 1/29/2020 at 9:09 AM, beachlovers1129 said:

hi my wife wear slacks and a polo or a button down on formal nights on all of our cruises, they are no hard rules, alot of people even wear jeans and nice shirts 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2020 at 2:15 PM, joat said:
HI,

image.png

image.png Come along!
Contact our HAL rep if you are interested in joining us on this cruise: Lisa LeTavec @
Personal Cruise Consultant, Holland America Line

800 355 3017 Ext 29303

NOTE: As we usually do, we booked a large inside cabin.  It is the last of that category, but there are other fine cabins yet available.  We opted for the pricing that included the Signature Beverage Package as well ( It includes a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, sodas and coffee,specialty coffees.  Limited to 15 drinks/day.)  Just click on the itinerary and then scroll down to find the various cabin types and pricing.

Hope some of you can join us!

Our cruise has been cancelled.  Holland America Line has followed suit.  They have "made the decision to voluntarily pause global cruise operations of its 14 ships for 30 days, impacting sailings scheduled to depart through April 14, 2020". (A quote from the HAL Facebook announcement)

Will see what happens as time goes.

• 4 months later...

We did manage to get away from the craziness in the States.  Our house sold earlier than anticipated in mid-March.  We closed in April (that month's cruise was canceled).  We spent May in a temporary condo; June another in Flagstaff, AZ, where it was cooler.  July 1 our escape flight brought us to Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico and the largest lake in the nation.  (J is pronounced H, remember)  Lake Chapala has several small towns along the north shore with many thousands of expats. 

The governor of Jalisco is doing a great job in the efforts to control the virus spread (much better than the national government or the US government).  We feel so much safer here and will remain for at least 6 months in a leased home.  Hopefully by the end of that time we will be able to travel onward.

Hope all are well and we wish happy trails to all.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi all, my husband and I (Australian and Scottish) are currently living in the Philippines and will be celebrating our 30th anniversary this year ( 7 years married).   We have two cruises booked with VO in 2022 and 2023 - nothing in 2021 as I do not think we will be able to travel freely this year.  I hope everyone keeps safe and like us, are looking forward to when we can cruise again.

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2021 at 1:39 PM, Canberra601 said:

Hi all, my husband and I (Australian and Scottish) are currently living in the Philippines and will be celebrating our 30th anniversary this year ( 7 years married).   We have two cruises booked with VO in 2022 and 2023 - nothing in 2021 as I do not think we will be able to travel freely this year.  I hope everyone keeps safe and like us, are looking forward to when we can cruise again.

Congrats on your 30th. It's a shame you can't celebrate with a World Cruise (our plan for our 25th in a few years) but there are worse places to be than in the Philippines, so have a great time .

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...