Celebrity Summit Live report 4/4/15 - First Luminae and new suite benefits sailing

need2bespoiled

We will be on the Silly in a few weeks. Will give Luminae a try- but if ng- will continue to dine in speciality restaurants. Our favorite is the Lawn Grill.

Skip the first night maybe, especially if you're only onboard fir a week and not planning toxins there much. Just like the MDR they're feeling out new passengers and getting the groove for the cruise. The formal night has a good menu but the extras may slow down service. The downside to skipping nights is Secunderabad service there is best when they get to know you, you tell them roughly when you'll be coming in, a table is ready and service was generally better.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We just got off Reflection after the TA to Miami. Luminae was a disaster. I'm sorry to say. Don't expect much. We were in a Signature Suite. After 4 tries we gave up. Understand this is the only perk certain suite guests receive, so they exploited it at the expense of other guests. X has to rethink Luminae. On Reflection it's not working. May be a management issue or it may be a concept issue.

What does this mean that people in suites exploited Luminae?

We were in a CS on reflection on the Med this July and found Luminae to be excellent and a vast improvement over the MDR. We used our two free speciality dining perks in Qusine and while the food was novel the quality and service did not compare to our experience at Luminae. We had tried Murano on Equinox on a previous cruise and found the over the top table side preparation to be a bit pretentious and reminiscent of the worst excesses of 1980s cuisine. Luminae however we found to be a breath of fresh air with levels of service akin to what I would expect in a good London restaurant. One thing we did fine to be a little subpar was the cheese platter :mad:. After mentioning it on the first night every night there after that we asked they produced an excellent array of cheese from Murano. :)

I am sorry your experience wasn't up to par but I believe (and hope) what you found is an exception rather than the rule