Celebrity Summit Live report 4/4/15 - First Luminae and new suite benefits sailing

need2bespoiled

Jenna

There is another thread with reports from Constellation that the understanding of the new suite perks was inconsistent. One RS guest reported issues about the mini bar set up. I am assuming that, as you did not mention it, you had no problems with that aspect?

I am the one currently on Constellation that commented about the inconsistencies. The mini fridge we were initially told was pay, but the items on the counter, with the exception of the Evian water were complimentary. The items on the counter were 1 coke, 1 diet coke, 1 sprite, and 2 small tonic water. After discussions with the butler and concierge, we were able to get beer put in the fridge and more sprite and ginger ale on the counter.

As far as Bistro on 5, there is still inconsistency there as to whether or not it is included on Constellation. One RS poster has been told it is included, but I was told no. The Concierge removed the first days charge, but told me I was "on notice now" that it was not included. So last night while at Luminae I again asked about Bistro and was again told no. Dinner at Luminae was very good. Service lasted about 2 hours.

I think the elite + coffee benefit us Cafe Al Bacio only but I honestly don't know as we have the premium package with our suite. My partner ordered a decaf latte during lunch yesterday and I believe it was fetched from Cafe Al Bacio so who knows.

Side note as I remember things: servers have half the number of tables as in the main dining room.

To the poster on Connie: Unfortunately there always seems to be misinformation on Celebrity. Example is the MC Concierge on summit telling guests they can't remove drinks when we know the corporate policy is opposite (even if it is F&Bs objection). You can ask the guest relations manager or the Hotel Director for clarification. I can't see his or why they would not include it.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenna, wishing you two great cruises. Thank you for the reports. Keep them coming. I am particularly interested in knowing if you can order select items from the MDR or Blu menus. Let us know if you try it.

Thanks

I'm sitting by the pool watching the Easter parade. Pool chairs are CLOSE even touching for entire rows. Not modern luxury with lots of "reserved" chairs but I have no problem working with a pool butler to remove towels that neighbors say have been unclaimed for longer than an hour and moving one chair out to make space in our row.

I'll ask about ordering off the other menus. I doubt Blu, if you want Blu, just go to Blu but who knows. I'm absolutely positive that I'll have ordered onion soup and Cesar salad by the end of the cruise fully expecting it to come.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I think the elite + coffee benefit us Cafe Al Bacio only but I honestly don't know as we have the premium package with our suite. My partner ordered a decaf latte during lunch yesterday and I believe it was fetched from Cafe Al Bacio so who knows.

Jenna

I do not drink coffee but on our last cruise on Eclipse, my husband was told in every location that his coffee was free because he was Elite+. This was in the specialty restaurant primarily but he never requested a free coffee.

Good for you being "most cruises " passenger. How many points do you have ? Are you Elite plus ? My friend I am cruising with next week has more points than me and is often " most Cruises "

Too many for how long we've been sailing :eek: A lot? Close to double Elite + ? I think we'll hit that later this year I think.

Nice to hear about Coffee everywhere Sue as we have a couple of cruises not in an RS that don't come with 123 benefits as their repositioning cruises.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thank you so much for spending part of your vacation time to keep us all updated on the new suite restaurant. This is very generous of you. All of your menu photos have been easily read, and I know from experience that they're hard to photograph.

I hope you have a lovely brunch today, and I'm looking forward to seeing a breakfast menu. Have you noticed any special dishes added to your suite's room service breakfast menu?

Edited by thebutlerdidit

Thanks for the great live reporting. We tried the suite life last summer on the Reflection, and will be going back for more on the Summit this July. Really looking forward to the new suite menus :)

Unfortunately there always seems to be misinformation on Celebrity. Example is the MC Concierge on summit telling guests they can't remove drinks when we know the corporate policy is opposite (even if it is F&Bs objection). You can ask the guest relations manager or the Hotel Director for clarification. I can't see his or why they would not include it.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna:

According to Lucy on Millennium, (the concierge who trained all the other concierges), Summit is the only ship on which this is an issue.

I'm sure you will straighten out the error in their ways. ;)

Brunch menu looks AWESOME.

18cfe28525778f283f4bc7558282e7ba.jpg

No idea what I'll have yet, I can barely decide!

We asked about room service menus and they haven't changed yet and said the quality of the food wouldn't be the same if served as room service.

Yes Arno, I remember our conversations with Lucy :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

Pastries are a HUGE improvement in quality.

ccda80aaede577c4c454f612ff323d87.jpg

We ordered a pretty big sampling for brunch.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Do I see CRONUTS on that tray? :D

Looks like a great benefit for suite mpassengers, they are not cutting any slack though with the lattes at $6 each.

Really don't understand charging $6 for milk with coffee??? Considering that you can and should get coffee free in the MDR, BLU and now Suite DR, what is the rational of charging $6 for a cup of anything?

If people pay for it, then they will continue to charge.

The wheels are back on the bus and we're now cruising down the Caribbean highway towards a food induced coma.

The smoke salmon and crudités was an excellent start.

2582c96eece9452993a13074a38ac6dc.jpg

10db761f5870c3ebd764f44aa46ea447.jpg

Dee has the pea soup which she said was good but pea soup is never my thing. I had the lobster roll which had the best bread I've ever had on Celebrity. Crusty on the outside, soft on the inside. The filling was a travesty for the Mainer with far too much mayo. They should do seafood salad if lobster is too expensive and have less mayo.

4d3c8d1de383c555048afcdfd2d1b991.jpg

c73f47c49959af7e960e2580dd8ca76a.jpg

We then each did lobster Benedict which was OUTSTANDING. An entire lobster tail but all components were very very good! I also had to try the chicken and waffles which were very good. Very juicy with fresh waffles.

38cb1a86db40172d952a3c204ad6d27f.jpg

56b05da291a92c9824b0e018c9a3e7d1.jpg

I'll post a video of the dessert cart next.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

Jenna

In the interest of the research you are doing for all of us you could always taste everything. :D

OMG..our first cruise with Luminae is not until next Easter! I was hoping that Luminae would be as good as it looks, and it looks even better that I had hoped. Thank you so much for your running commentary.

Happy sailing!

Jenna, great report. Love that you do this, and loved your Asian trip. Makes me want to book a suite based on what you have written so far. Only problem is $$$, since I always book a single cabin and must pay double, then the question is do I pay up and go and travel less, or book a veranda and travel more. Might have to chase down those special deals for suites:):):) Leaving on the Silhouette TA 04/19/15.

Norma ( we were on the Constellation TA Nov 2013) My regards to your better half:):))