Quiet Place to Read on the Grandeur

I have yet to find anywhere on this ship, other than in my cabin, to read a book and just relax. The adult area is my best bet but can be very humid and at times hard to find a chair. If anyone has found a place please let me know. We love the ship and have just booked an 18 day back to back next year (Feb 3-21) on her.

Thanks

I have yet to find anywhere on this ship, other than in my cabin, to read a book and just relax. The adult area is my best bet but can be very humid and at times hard to find a chair. If anyone has found a place please let me know. We love the ship and have just booked an 18 day back to back next year (Feb 3-21) on her.

Thanks

I've usually found Viking Crown to be reasonably quiet during the day.

The promenade deck is usually quiet....also, the library (if they haven't gotten rid of it!) is usually quiet, too...and I'll bet that most of the bars/lounges are fairly quiet during the day!

Library is gone on Vision class ships.

The promenade deck is usually quiet....also, the library (if they haven't gotten rid of it!) is usually quiet, too...and I'll bet that most of the bars/lounges are fairly quiet during the day!

I agree that my favorite place on the Grandeur is the promenade deck. I used to have to make sure I sat on the non smoking side. I guess they are both non smoking now.

As long as the weather is good, the centrum area up to deck 8 has seats. Some of the best views are on decks 5 and 6 where there are floor to ceiling windows. Unfortunately, on days where the weather isn't great and the outdoor decks are closed or unusable, there are people who camp out all day so a seat can be difficult to get. I would go to the VC, South Pacific Lounge-very quiet unless there's something scheduled in there, or even the Schooner bar which during the day can be very quiet. We've given up on the solarium since they've added tables and taken away loungers. People tend to sit there all day too. It can be difficult to find a table to eat when you pick up something at the park cafe. Besides, the solarium just isn't very quiet anymore since they renovated. VC is probably the best bet and we have sat there many times. Since we made D, we utilize the lounge during the day too as it's pretty quiet.

Never had a problem finding a seat in the solarium as long as it is away from the pool.

There is a library on deck 4 according to the deck plan, but I have no idea how quiet it would be. Same goes for the card room.

Also the lounge is a good place, provided you check the Cruise Compass ahead of time. In Vision class ships the lounge is at the rear, so you would have a nice aft view.

Never had a problem finding a seat in the solarium as long as it is away from the pool.

There is a library on deck 4 according to the deck plan, but I have no idea how quiet it would be. Same goes for the card room.

Also the lounge is a good place, provided you check the Cruise Compass ahead of time. In Vision class ships the lounge is at the rear, so you would have a nice aft view.

There is no library anymore. It was taken out during the last refurb and cabins were put in its place.

I agree that my favorite place on the Grandeur is the promenade deck. I used to have to make sure I sat on the non smoking side. I guess they are both non smoking now.

I understand from other posts that there is a smoking area on deck 5

I agree with Bob -- the Viking Crown is a great spot to curl up and read.

The outer promenade can also be quiet.

Another quiet spot is the Champage Lounge but it's been a few years since I was last not sure she still has one.

I agree with Bob -- the Viking Crown is a great spot to curl up and read.

The outer promenade can also be quiet.

Another quiet spot is the Champage Lounge but it's been a few years since I was last not sure she still has one.

Nope, the champagne lounge is gone. There's now an R bar, but it's open right onto the centrum. They took out the half walls and have limited bar seating and like one booth area right next to the bar. Plus, RC online and the next cruise booking area are on that level now.

Edited by BND

You said since you made Diamond you use the lounge. Our next cruise we will make Diamond. Where is the Diamond lounge?

Thanks

The Diamond Lounge is deck 6 far aft on Grandeur.

Just a note on 'making D'. If you reach D during the first cruise of the B2B, you may not be granted access to the lounge until the second segment. You would then go to the Loyalty Ambassador onboard with your seapass from the first sailing and have him/her change your status for the second segment. You may find there are exceptions made to this rule, but can not expect it.

Viking is a great place if nothing else is scheduled there - last cruise - there were 3 different dancing groups practicing in the Viking Crown Lounge, with their jam boxes blasting their music.

Schooner is also a quiet place except during trivia, soduko challenge, etc.

South Pacific a good place except when Bingo or Art Auctions are scheduled there.

If the weather is good - much easier to find a quiet place inside.

If the weather is bad - not so easy to find a quiet place.

The Diamond Lounge is deck 6 far aft on Grandeur.

Just a note on 'making D'. If you reach D during the first cruise of the B2B, you may not be granted access to the lounge until the second segment. You would then go to the Loyalty Ambassador onboard with your seapass from the first sailing and have him/her change your status for the second segment. You may find there are exceptions made to this rule, but can not expect it.

Good to know. That will be my situation next month. Right now at 173 points but will qualify soon for D+. :)

Is Deck 6 the promenade deck? If so, the mid-ship seating areas here make for good spots with views and even people-watching.

There's also the South Pacific Lounge which is very quiet when there are no scheduled activities. Great views of the ship's wake too.

Is Deck 6 the promenade deck? If so, the mid-ship seating areas here make for good spots with views and even people-watching.

There's also the South Pacific Lounge which is very quiet when there are no scheduled activities. Great views of the ship's wake too.

I believe deck 5 is the outside promenade deck. There is no inside promenade on Grandeur as on Voyager/Freedom/Oasis class.

Edited by clarea

We just returned from a 10 day cruise on Grandeur. It was our least enjoyable cruise out of over 30 cruises. Since it was during spring break (our fault for going) it was filled with families. We are Diamond, but the Diamond lounge is small. Some people went in there and read. The Viking Crown lounge was designated a "quiet" area from 1 to 4. We went there and a family was playing some loud card game. It would probably be better during February. Promenade might be a good option. When we were down there, it was pleasant.