Anne Frank House

On the other europe board - western etc. - you will find information re visits to Anne Frankhuis.

Easy to do yourself............but you might too late to make online reservations. For people holding reservations there is a special entrance door. Otherwise you have to wait in line, with often very long lines. Waiting time over 1 hour can be common. http://www.annefrank.org/nl/Sitewide/Languages/English/

From the terminal take tramnr 26 to Centraal Station, there change to tramnr. 17, get off at Westerkerk.

Also walking is possible, might be around 25/30 minutes.

Check those maps:

cruiseterminal on B5, AF huis on B3.

As Ine recommended, it is advisable to book your AFH tickets online as queues can be especially long. Unfortunately, online tickets for May 9th are sold out. :( So, if you are interested in visiting, I would suggest that you arrive as early as possible.

BTW, it is very easy to reach the AFH using the tram - we have done it many times.

As Ine recommended, it is advisable to book your AFH tickets online as queues can be especially long. Unfortunately, online tickets for May 9th are sold out. :( So, if you are interested in visiting, I would suggest that you arrive as early as possible.

BTW, it is very easy to reach the AFH using the tram - we have done it many times.

Check Viator dot com for beat the line Anne Frank tickets/tour. There might be some available.

Check Viator dot com for beat the line Anne Frank tickets/tour. There might be some available.

Very unlikely you will get tickets through viator. Anne Frankhuis is only open for a certain number of people at the same time. That is why they take reservations also up to a certain number and allow another number of people without reservations.

The place is rather small.

I checked Viator choices also sold out for May 9. But there was May 12 available if anyone else is looking, and the website is booked. Ine, I was smart enough to follow your advice last summer and had the privilege to visit.

Does anyone know how picky they are about the timed entry? We have 1 ticket at 5:20 and 2 at 5:45. We are planning to arrive at 5:30.

Thoughts?

From my experience, they are quite strict regarding your entry time. The last time that we visited, we arrived 10 minutes before our timed entry and were allowed into the museum just a few minutes before our timed tickets. By the time all barcodes had been scanned, it probably was very close to the exact entry time on our tickets. Friends arrived late and were not allowed entry - also, there was no refund for the late arrivals. Our friends were about 15 minutes late.

You may or may not be allowed entry if you arrive late (5:30 for 5:20 entry time). Since you have 3 tickets, you all may be allowed to enter at 5:30. Personally, I would not chance it.

Edited by dogs4fun

Does anyone know how picky they are about the timed entry? We have 1 ticket at 5:20 and 2 at 5:45. We are planning to arrive at 5:30.

Thoughts?

Be there in time and ask once there if the 5.45 can also enter. It will depend how busy it will be inside the house.