Shorts allowed in all dining venues on the Sky

dna529

We just got off the Sky on Friday. I thought it was interesting that in the Freestyle Daily it had a statement that shorts could be worn in all dining rooms and specialty restaurants. Not sure if this is fleetwide, but it's definitely a change from pants only in the aft main dining room and Le Bistro.

I will write a review later, but in general we had awesome service and enjoyed the Sky.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Sky on Friday. I thought it was interesting that in the Freestyle Daily it had a statement that shorts could be worn in all dining rooms and specialty restaurants. Not sure if this is fleetwide, but it's definitely a change from pants only in the aft main dining room and Le Bistro.

I will write a review later, but in general we had awesome service and enjoyed the Sky.

So the Sky is a short cruise, less than 5 days, right?

The NCL website states that Smart Casual for Aft MDRs and Le Bistro applies only for cruises longer than 5 days. If yours was not longer than 5 days, then Cruise Casual, which includes shorts, appled.

Saw quite a few guys wearing shorts in Le Bistro on the Sun this week, thought it was pants only but nothing was said to them.

On the Epic last week, my wife was turned away from La Bistro because of shorts; she changed into a skirt and had they had no problem with that. I wore shorts in all other specialty restaurants with no issues.

On the Epic last week, my wife was turned away from La Bistro because of shorts; she changed into a skirt and had they had no problem with that. I wore shorts in all other specialty restaurants with no issues.

The Epic is a 7 day cruise. For cruises longer than 5 days, Smart Casual applies, which calls for long pants in the evening at Le Bistro and the aft MDR ( for men). Ladies can get away with anything but shorts and swimwear in aft MDR and L.B. For other specialties, shorts can be worn by all.

Edited by punkincc

The Epic is a 7 day cruise. For cruises longer than 5 days, Smart Casual applies, which calls for long pants in the evening at Le Bistro and the aft MDR ( for men). Ladies can get away with anything but shorts and swimwear in aft MDR and L.B. For other specialties, shorts can be worn by all.

Ours was a 7 day cruise 90% of the guys wore pants but there were some in shorts. No biggie not like I am staring at guys legs

The funniest dinner was at Cagneys an older couple all dressed up were seated, then about 3 minutes later a guy and his wife came in and were seated next to them, he was in a wife beater, the older lady just stared at him like "*** are you doing here?"

Ours was a 7 day cruise 90% of the guys wore pants but there were some in shorts. No biggie not like I am staring at guys legs

The funniest dinner was at Cagneys an older couple all dressed up were seated, then about 3 minutes later a guy and his wife came in and were seated next to them, he was in a wife beater, the older lady just stared at him like "*** are you doing here?"

:eek: what no shirt?? Will a sign be coming soon...:)

So the Sky is a short cruise, less than 5 days, right?

The NCL website states that Smart Casual for Aft MDRs and Le Bistro applies only for cruises longer than 5 days. If yours was not longer than 5 days, then Cruise Casual, which includes shorts, appled.

Yes, 4 days. I never knew the dress code was different based on length of the cruise.