RCCL - Tulum Beach Break

FlyStef

I'm 220+ days out from my cruise, where we stop in Cozumel for 11 hours. My Mother has her heart set on seeing Tulum and the ruins, and while I know it's a hike there from Cozumel, I figured w/ 11 hour stop, it would be more than do able, and I saw that RCCL offered an excursion that was roughly 8 hours to do it. However that Tulum Beach Break excursion is no longer listed as an option on our cruise, CZH5, and I find it hard to believe it would be booked up completely with still 223 days till we leave. Any one else ever experience this? Do you think it might pop up as an option later? Or do you think it's likely full booked up and that's why it's no longer listed?

Since Tulum is so far from Cozumel I was thinking it might be safer to use the cruiseline excursion, but I suppose I could book my own private excursion. Thanks again for any insight!

You 'could' book privately, but I would not recommend it.

My husband and I were in Cozumel on FOS and he really wanted to see ruins. We decided on Coba, a little further out than Tulum. We booked through the ship.

We were among the first groups off the ship, allowed right to the head of the line as we were on the ship's excursion. We walked directly to a waiting ferry and went straight over to the mainland.

The excursion was great...wonderful guide and we saw a lot for the time we had. It DOES take a long time to get there and back.

By the time we returned to the mainland pier, we once again were whisked to the head of the line to re-board the ferry for the trip back. I kid you not, once back to Cozumel we literally walked off the ferry and right back on to the ship and within 20 minutes the ropes dropped and the ship backed away from the pier.

Mind you, this was being FIRST off...the timing is that close.

I would never trust getting back on my own for such a long day.

I'm 220+ days out from my cruise, where we stop in Cozumel for 11 hours. My Mother has her heart set on seeing Tulum and the ruins, and while I know it's a hike there from Cozumel, I figured w/ 11 hour stop, it would be more than do able, and I saw that RCCL offered an excursion that was roughly 8 hours to do it. However that Tulum Beach Break excursion is no longer listed as an option on our cruise, CZH5, and I find it hard to believe it would be booked up completely with still 223 days till we leave. Any one else ever experience this? Do you think it might pop up as an option later? Or do you think it's likely full booked up and that's why it's no longer listed?

Since Tulum is so far from Cozumel I was thinking it might be safer to use the cruiseline excursion, but I suppose I could book my own private excursion. Thanks again for any insight!

I doubt that it is full, I suspect that it is gone simply because RCCL no longer offers that excursion. Excursion contracts are redone periodically, and it is not at all unusual for additions or deletions to occur.

It is a long way to Tulum to be booking a private excursion. Remember that you have to get to and from the mainland and ferry problems could mean that you are finding an alternate way home.