The Scam local guy .....

sail7seas

I'm amazed he is still at it. Surely the police have had ample opportunity to put a stop this 'gig'.

What is he doing that is "illegal" Other than feeding you line of BS and asking you for some money. No worse than some guy panhandling on any city street in anytown USA.

What is he doing that is "illegal" Other than feeding you line of BS and asking you for some money. No worse than some guy panhandling on any city street in anytown USA.

Depending on which "any town USA " you're in, panhandling is illegal.

Depending on which "any town USA " you're in, panhandling is illegal.

Really and when is the last time someone has been arrested for that LOL . Illegal or not. I would assume its not In San Juan as they sit all over the streets and beg for money.

Edited by frito58

Really and when is the last time someone has been arrested for that LOL . Illegal or not. I would assume its not In San Juan as they sit all over the streets and beg for money.

Actually, two weeks ago. But this isn't the forum to discuss what's legal and what isnt.

The situation cruise wizard describes if that person is not actually a veteran is illegal under the federal "Stolen Valor" law.

Well maybe that one does but the OP has nothing to do with that, he just a guy trying to talk people into helping a guy out down on his luck and he his quite good at it LOL .

There are more and more local ordinances prohibiting panhandling in particular venues - within x distance of a school or parking lot, etc.

Regardless of legality it's certainly immoral. The guy is a liar. People like this spread distrust and cynicism. Occasionally people do get in bad situations and bums like this make it hard to believe anyone.

The last time I gave money to someone he said "buddy, I'm on the road. I could use fifty cents for a sandwich." I let him have it. I have no problem with honesty.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...