Packing HELP!

NathanNuttela

Off on OCEANA next week Genoa to Venice and Mrs NN is getting in a fluster thinking about what to pack!

Any clue what weather is like in Med at this time? Forcast look reasonable but not particularly warm.

Do you think it will be warm enough to go in the pool? Should we pack swimming stuff?

On shore for excursions do you think shorts/ sundress or jeans?

Sandals or boots?

In the evenings will we need a jacket/ cardi ( up on deck I'm sure, but don't have experience of Oceana and its air con temps)

Any advice or help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

I have been to the Med this time of year and earlier in April, weather has been good and could walk about in shorts and T shirts, but saying that we were in Italy last year in May and the weather was not so good - probably the luck of the draw just like here. What ever the weather I am sure you will have a great time.

Lin

we're off on Ventura on Saturday to Spain/Portugal. I'm just going to take cropped trousers, jeans and lightweight full trousers. thinner layers like T shirts and lightweight fleece jackets are better, plus one waterproof jacket in case it rains. I'm taking a pair of trainers for port days as well as crocs and smart sandals for night time dinner.

Last October we did a similar Fly Cruise from Genoa. The weather was really warm for time of year (and when we sailed on Oceaa last March we were in T shirts most of the time. I would suggest swimwear in the hope of warm weather and on some excursions if you visit a church or Cathedral you need to have shoulders and knees covered or they wont let you in. We found it warm enough inside the ship without a cardigan. Hope you have a great time!

I had a similar problem on our New Year Canaries cruise. I was hoping for warm weather but knew we would be sailing from Southampton and that at best we'd have half and half weather! I took linen trousers, long sleeved t-shirts and shorts and vests to cover all eventualities. Layers, basically. We were on Arcadia and she has one of her pools covered so the swimming thing was not an issue, it's been so long since I was on Adonia (Oceana's old twin) that I can't remember the pool set-up....

The ship temperature was always warm enough for shorts and t-shirts, I wished I had brought maybe a maxi dress for lunches in the Belvedere, apart from that my packing was ok for the not-as-hot-as-I'd-hoped weather we got.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Edited by Ehg

The safe bet would be to take a mixture of warmer and cooler weather clothes. Layers that you can take off should it warm up etc. Have been to the Med in April and the further south we got the weather did warm up, although not scorching just pleasantly warm.

It is a bit hit and miss this time of year, like the weather in the UK-mixed :)

Edited by cathcruise

Like the other posters, I would take a mix plus layers. I think I shall be in the same position on our Aurora cruise late summer/early autumn. But one thing I always take is a wrap for the evenings - sometimes it's not needed but the dining room and theatre can often be cool especially early evening. And with the aircon working overtime in the Caribbean - it's often the cruise I use it most! But as the aircon can be variable on any ship or itinerary, I never take the risk of not having something (other than a fleece!!!) to cover up in the evening if it's chilly on board.