Holy Price Increase!

lbrandon

Booked a family suite on the Dawn last week for a sailing next march. Price went up $500pp yesterday and another $500pp today. $1,000pp price increase in less than 24 hours. I'm sure glad I booked last week and didn't wait any longer!

Booked a family suite on the Dawn last week for a sailing next march. Price went up $500pp yesterday and another $500pp today. $1,000pp price increase in less than 24 hours. I'm sure glad I booked last week and didn't wait any longer!

Wow that's crazy. How many people did you book it for? What did you pay originally?

Edited by FootballParent

That's just supply and demand - price increases have happened like that before to me. Booked a cabin, not many left of the same type so their systems automatically adjust the price up. Eventually someone will realize it is a computer thing and will adjust it back down to get more people to book - give it some time.

When we booked the Breakaway in September (for this coming July), the price went up so much 3 weeks later...for 4 people in 2 connecting inside cabins the total went up by close to $2,000 and it stayed at that price for a while. We were so glad we booked when we did. Then the price came back down to what we paid. And now the price is a couple of hundred more than our cruise fare. It has fluctuated over several months. We also got onboard credit from both NCL and our travel agent when we booked in September. Every little bit helps.

I love checking back on cruise costs and finding either a reduced price (that I switch to) or an increased price (so I can feel good about the one I booked).

Both my cabin categories for the two upcoming cruises are now sold out, so I can no longer follow the variations of pricing. :(