Who has gotten cabin assignments this week?

cruisevers

However, the ship is sold out so naturally the assignments are made early in such cases.
Not in my experience. We were once on a cruise that was sold out 2 months before sailing and we got our assignment at 11 days out. Before they begin to process the assignments for your cruise they are working on assignments for the cruises ahead of you, in order.

Edited by jtl513

We have a land/sea trip which starts on land first. Our cruise is on 24 May. We booked a guarantee ocean view in December. The ocean view has been sold out for some time. I am hoping that I hear something before we leave for the land portion on the 21st. Judging from what I read above we should. Hoping for a move up a couple of categories, but we will be happy with what we booked if not. Just icing on the cake above what you booked. Last time in 2012 we were moved up 4 categories and put in a very convenient to everything cabin. We did hear on that one about two weeks before we cruised. We did the Alaska cruise on the Amsterdam last time and loved it. We really wished we had done the land as well so that is what we decided this time and I know we will enjoy it.

It doesn't work that way unless things have changed. The latest assignment I ever got was on a sold out ship.

Not in my experience. We were once on a cruise that was sold out 2 months before sailing and we got our assignment at 11 days out. Before they begin to process the assignments for your cruise they are working on assignments for the cruises ahead of you, in order.

I stand corrected. Just seemed logical.

This should be really interesting for us. We booked the May 2 Bermuda trip on Friday, documents are ready but no rm. assignment yet. Having never done a late booking, I am curious how long it will take. :rolleyes: I never worry though. We will be on an R & R cruise on a HAL ship! :D

This should be really interesting for us. We booked the May 2 Bermuda trip on Friday, documents are ready but no rm. assignment yet. Having never done a late booking, I am curious how long it will take. :rolleyes: I never worry though. We will be on an R & R cruise on a HAL ship! :D

They seem to be taking their sweet time with that sailing for sure. Hope you hear soon.

That's not odd. I've had that happen to me before too.

Thanks that makes me feel a little better. Since it is their first cruise, a belated honeymoon actually, I am hoping they get a nice cabin so they're hooked! Since we are all the way aft I am also hoping they are not all the way forward....

HAL said since we linked our reservations they would take that into consideration when assigning theirs but I am wondering now...

Thanks that makes me feel a little better. Since it is their first cruise, a belated honeymoon actually, I am hoping they get a nice cabin so they're hooked! Since we are all the way aft I am also hoping they are not all the way forward....

HAL said since we linked our reservations they would take that into consideration when assigning theirs but I am wondering now...

I really do think they'll try to keep you somewhat close. Good luck!

Our cabin assignment didn't show up, but we did get an upsell offer for our May 12 Amsterdam sailing today (13 days out), resulting in a cabin assignment when we took the bait.

I think $10 pp/day was a good price to upgrade from an HH guarantee (obstructed view, Lower Promenade) to a C (unobstructed view) on a 15 day cruise. We were surely one of the last cabins sold for this cruise, as the website showed it completely sold out about four hours after our purchase. Whew. I feel like I won the lottery!

I'm sailing on Saturday Veendam to Bermuda - that's in less than 72 hours. Still no cabin assignment. I was hoping for an attractive upsell offer but it's been radio silence. The cruise is showing as sold out on the HAL site ...,

Edited by Moriah

I'm sailing on Saturday Veendam to Bermuda - that's in less than 72 hours. Still no cabin assignment. I was hoping for an attractive upsell offer but it's been radio silence. The cruise is showing as sold out on the HAL site ...,

Well they are sure making you wait. They are likely still moving people around. I hope you get something good for waiting so long for the assignment.

Whew! Finally got our assignment for our sailing on Saturday and it was an upgrade - so I'm very happy! We had an inside guarantee - literally the cheapest way to book the cruise (Veendam to Bermuda) ... would have been perfectly happy with an inside... but we got an ocean view! Not a porthole.. an actual window, and not obstructed. So I'm doing the happy dance! Guess it was worth the wait!

Whew! Finally got our assignment for our sailing on Saturday and it was an upgrade - so I'm very happy! We had an inside guarantee - literally the cheapest way to book the cruise (Veendam to Bermuda) ... would have been perfectly happy with an inside... but we got an ocean view! Not a porthole.. an actual window, and not obstructed. So I'm doing the happy dance! Guess it was worth the wait!

Very nice, congrautlations and have a great cruise.

Excellent. That doesn't happen a whole lot so ya done good. Have a great time and keep the ship in one piece for me please:D.

Definitely worth the wait. Hope your cruise is wonderful!

FINALLY got mine this evening too! I checked around 10 and nothing, then checked just now after reading the Moriah got hers [lucky to get an OV!!!].

We had booked a GTY inside [N] and ending up with a midship inside on deck 5 [J category] so not too bad :D

FINALLY got mine this evening too! I checked around 10 and nothing, then checked just now after reading the Moriah got hers [lucky to get an OV!!!].

We had booked a GTY inside [N] and ending up with a midship inside on deck 5 [J category] so not too bad :D

Bostonjetset:

Can I ask when you booked the cruise? I booked just a week before sailing - a last minute whim because winter is still hanging on here in Vermont... and after my Westerdam Carib. cruise last month I hadn't had "enough" yet... anyway, because I booked so close to sailing I assumed all the other people who had booked guarantees before me would get the upgrades, so I'm curious whether you were even more last minute than me? I originally booked as a single, but added a friend a few days ago (pretty sure that doesn't matter...) If you booked ages ago I'm feeling a little guilty at getting the "better" cabin out of the N GTY ! :o What is HAL thinking? You have a good location BTW... we are on deck 4 - also midship but the longest walk from either the aft or forward elevators possible - but certainly not complaining!

coolbluegreenseas:

I will try to post while on the cruise - depends on internet speed and availability and price. I've never been to Bermuda, so it will be interesting to see what places right in Hamilton I can go to log on. Also, I'm spoiled from Westerdam having unlimited reasonably priced wifi... but that's off topic for this thread...:o