Just transfered my reservation on Jewel to a TA successfully!!

I booked the Jewel in January to Mexican Riviera through NCL.

I wanted to be sure to get the room I wanted(Aft Penthouse Deck 10) as well as the FREESTYLE CHOICE PROMO in March.

The Promo consisted of -

UDP

UBP

FREE GRAT.

$200 OBC ( FOR SF SUITE)

I contacted a travel agent that CC has on their agency page. I asked her if I was able to keep the previous promo that I already had. She said she would call me back.

So she did some research and called me back....

She said I had to take the current promotion -

UDP

UBP

FREE GRAT.

SHORE EXCURSION CREDIT.

but......the agency would also throw in $200 OBC!

I really wanted to be able to keep my old promotion, so I could get a total of $400 OBC.......but I guess I still come out ahead right?.... I didn't loose the $200 OBC, I gained $75 SHORE EXCURSION CREDIT per port for the 7 day cruise.

What would you have done?

Anyone have experience with transferring to TA?....Should I have been able to keep the original promo I booked with??

Any advice or comments would be appreciated..

I'm still happy with my decision though.....we get to live the "suite" life!

I would have preferred the suite OBC rather than the Excursion credit, and if you had made the transfer within 60 days of booking, you would have had that OBC plus the TA's.

Since you are outside the 60 days, you are essentially canceling the original booking and rebooking under the new promo with the TA, I assume. You still end up with the same OBC and also get the shore excursion credit, so not a bad deal, but technically I don't think this qualifies as a "transfer" to a TA. With a true transfer, done within 60 days, you retain everything on the original booking and gain whatever the TA offers as well.

I actually just looked at my original NCL conformation, and I only booked it less then 30 days ago....March 27. I already paid my deposit to NCL and I just filled out the Transfer order form and sent it to NCL dispatch this morning...they are closed today and haven't processed it yet.

Maybe the TA was misinformed. Maybe I will get to keep my original promo.

What do you think?..cause the TA didn't ask me for any credit card info to place another deposit or anything like that.

I guess we will have to wait and see when the TA sends me conformation of transfer.

I would get it cleared up ASAP, especially if you want to keep the $200 OBC from NCL.

My understanding with a transfer is that you are transferring the "original" booking intact to a TA. I don't know why you would have to change the package you already had booked....unless for some reason the TA's offer was dependent on what you had booked at the time. But the options should be spelled out to you so you can make an informed decision.

I called and sent an email to the TA. I am awaiting a response. I'll keep you all posted on how this plays out...

I'm hoping that the TA was just misinformed.

I would really like $400 of OBC. Dont we all...

Thanks for everyone's adive and knowledge. CC is a crucial part of sailing.

I actually just looked at my original NCL conformation, and I only booked it less then 30 days ago....March 27. I already paid my deposit to NCL and I just filled out the Transfer order form and sent it to NCL dispatch this morning...they are closed today and haven't processed it yet.

Maybe the TA was misinformed. Maybe I will get to keep my original promo.

What do you think?..cause the TA didn't ask me for any credit card info to place another deposit or anything like that.

I guess we will have to wait and see when the TA sends me conformation of transfer.

I hate to tell you this but they have to have it in 30 days and that was today, so I'm not sure that I would count on getting it transferred over to the TA, since the earliest they get it is tomorrow on day 31.

You are incorrect, it is 60 days to transfer ta. You are transfering your original booking to the ta and therefore you should keep all original perks. In addition, tas will generally give you incentive to switch. $200 obc is probably on the low end of average for transfering a suite. You should not have to switch to the new promo.

For example we booked a Sj suite and received all 4 perks in February. We transferred to a TA who provides a lower price for the cruise and a small amount of onboard credit. So we kept all of our original perks paid about $200 less and also got some board credit.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my invoice from the TA.....

I WAS ABLE TO KEEP MY ORIGINAL PROMOTION AND GAIN $200 OBC!

So for my January Mexican Riviera cruise I have...

UDP

UBP

PRE-PAID GRATUITIES

$400 OBC ($200 NCL & $200 TA)

That's a win in my book!

Thank you all for your advice in the matter!