Back from French Polynesia Cruise

wolfgangz

We were on the March 18 sailing. All I can say it was wonderful. The food on board was not great but good and no one at our table of six complained. Thought that Sabatini was okay but not worth the extra cost.

We took several island tours and now wish we had signed up for more snorkeling tours. Spending three to four hours on a bus can become tedious. Marks tour on Huahine was the highlite of the tours we took.

Always heard about Bloody Mary's on Bora Bora but it did not have the character that I had envisioned.

Deck space on the TP is somewhat limited, compounded by the deck chair hogs, so if you want a deck chair get there before 10AM.

We were second seating and only went to one cabaret show which caused heavy eyelids, more fun in the Tahiti lounge especially when the crew shows up.

Shoped for Pearls on the islands , ended up buying on Board, the prices appeared the same and liked the quality of the Jewlery more.

Based on a suggestion on the message board we rented a scooter cart on Raratonga and enjoyed seeing the island and some snorkeling. Not recomended for larger persons the scooters are very compact.

Moorea is the most beautiful of the islands and belvedere is definitely worth a visit.

I know some people rent a day room on the last day before flying home, we enjoyed spending the last day on board ship and showered in the spa before leaving for the airport around 7PM.

wolfgang

wjz

Wolfgang,

Good review. We were on the 8th March cruise and we found the food to be fine even though we are very fussy eaters. Mind you I only had the appetiser and main course each night.

We also found the chair hogs to be a problem. We watched one day and a lass had one chair in the sun and one in the shade and when she got hot, she moved to the shade and vice versa. How do you deal with that?

We were also on second sitting but found that the entertainment on our cruise was put on at 7pm most nights so that we could enjoy the show, then our dinner and then go to bed.

I agree with you regarding the shop on board for pearls. I bought two sets of Pearl earrings on board and saw the identical earrings in Moorea for nearly double the price.

Raratonga is also excellent for pearls and much cheaper than Tahiti. I bought a beautiful pearl enhancer at Moana Jewellery, in the shops near the supermarket at Cook's Corner. They are a member of Raratong Black Pearl Association etc. and are very reliable.

We also liked Moorea the best and would gladly have stayed at the beautiful Sheraton for a few days, if someone had offered us a free stay!!

Jennie.

The next cruise is always the best!

3RD OCTOBER, 2004 PRINSENDAM

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0200

Archived