Uh...how come Carnival's obstructed ocean view costs more than the regular ocean view

Teemoi

Hi,

I'm checking out an ocean view stateroom on a 10 day cruise on Carnival Glory that sails in January 2016. However, when I choose the stateroom category, Carnival offers me 2 options: Ocean View for $779 included in price and then Ocean View Obstructed for $5 more per person per day! I don't understand. It seems to be upside down, shouldn't it be the other way where it costs less to have an obstructed view? Can someone explain why this is so?

Would really appreciate any feedback

Thanks

T

The Oceanview Obstructed may be the ones above the bridge where you have a window but the bridge obstructs the view of the water (and about everything else) They may be oceanview but getting a view of the ocean is doubtful. But they are on a much higher deck (9? or 10?) so are closer to the Lido Action.

ok, I hear you guys and i think you may be right as to why Carnival charges more for the obstructed view cabin. In my opinion though, if my view would be mostly obstructed it would make more sense for me to pay less and simply get an inside cabin :-). I know that being close to the lido deck is convenient (when i cruised on the Breeze I was on the deck below the lido and it was very nice to run up to the buffet area!) but at the same time I don't mind and really enjoy using the elevators and admiring the beautiful Carnival atrium!

Thanks much for your responses!

T