Adventur of the Seas April 19, 2015 Info

I should have done this while things were fresher in my mind but have been trying to catch up at work and home. :o

We flew down the night before and stayed at the Miramar Hotel. I had called prior to let them know we wouldn't be in until after midnight and they had no problem with that. The staff was very nice, the rooms were very clean and there was a 24/7 café almost across the street with decent food. There was a store close by to pick up the last minute items/wine before getting a taxi to the port.

We got to the port about 11:45. The line started moving at 12:00 and we were in the windjammer by 12:30.

Food is so subjective therefore hard to talk about. So If you like hot food that looks like it has been under heat lamps for a few hours and is a bit hard/chewy that this stuff is for you! ;) The salads, sandwiches, cold cuts and cheese were nice and fresh. It was the same exact choices everyday in the same spots.

I swore I would not get a drink package but that changed after just 3 glasses of wine.

Prepackage - I ordered a glass of wine and got a nice chardonnay for $11.80 a glass. OUCH. Got the beer/wine package and the next glass of wine I get is a horrible chardonnay. I actually had to specify a brand and most times did not get what I asked for even though it was in my package. I gave up bringing it back up to get the kind I requested. It was probably easier for them to give me what was open rather then open a new bottle which is what happened when I went up to bring back the nasty kind the server brought. The bartender in the ice rink actually told me no but the gentleman with him behind the bar nodded and he opened a new bottle of wine for me. I was just tired of drinking a gross wine after the amount of money I paid for the package. :(

Main dining room - Again food is very subjective so this is just MHO. We loved out waiter Memi, and assistant waiter Juan Carlos. I choose the pork chop the first night. It was over cooked and dry but the chipotle drizzled in the plate helped with the dryness. The one and only bad choice I made. I loved the chicken Marsala. Lots of flavor which is why my mother would have thought just the opposite. After the first night Memi knew just what kind of food I liked and choose my meals after that. Yummy.

There were 2 "formal nights" I use the term very loosely. Not that it matters to me. I love to dress up nicely but never pay attention to what others are wearing. The only reason I looked around is because of how much attention it gets on here. I found it more disturbing to see kids at the table every night with headphones and iPads as babysitters rather then conversing with the adults or each other. But to each his own.

There was a wear white night, 70's night and a Caribbean night.

I really need to update my line dancing repertoire. I thought I was doing good until the Wobble came on. :cool:

Our room was a balcony room on the hump. We will never do that again. The elevators were right there and many happy, loud people got off of them very late every night.

First full day was a day at sea. The pool patrol was out in force! They timed the reserved seats and removed articles once the chair was vacant to long.

We didn't see many shows but we did see the comedian and thought he was great. As usual The Love & Marriage show did not disappoint. The battle of the sexes was funny also. I remember a time when we had to rush to the theater to get a seat but now it is only about 50% occupied.

I kept my daily papers (totally forgot what they are called) and have the updated drink price list so if anyone would like to ask me about something I will do my best to answer.

Oh not sure if anyone answered this question earlier but the drink of the day is $7.75 plus the 18% $9.14 each but no special glass. You only get them if you do not have a drink package and yes the drinks were measured.

We were on that sailing also. I have been too busy to get a review done. But I will say this - we went to most of the shows and with the exception of the mime the last night, the shows were excellent. Probably some of the best I have seen in a long time. We also loved the Ice Show. We went to it both times as we enjoyed it so much. Vegas style show was also really good. All the shows were.

Do you need to make reservations for the Ice Show like on Freedom?

No, they will notify you onboard if you need to obtain tickets. Some ships have done away with ice show tickets entirely, and it's first come, first served.

Thanks for the review. The drink prices, what were frozen cocktails going for?

Drinks of the day were $7.75 plus $1.40 for the tip without the special glass. Frozen Mojito's were $10.00 pus the $1.80 tip. Drinks are now measured on the Adventure.