How Old Do You Have To Be?

CaiT34

Me And My Friends Want To Go On A Senior Trip On A Cruise.....most Of Us Will Be 18...how Old Can You Be To Go On A Cruise...and What Do You Think Is The Best Cruiseline For Us....ive Been On Carnival 3 Times But I Think Its More For Families And We Want Alot Of Kids Our Age There.....any Suggestions?

according to Carnivals website one person has to be 25 years of age per cabin. But from what i have read here it seems as though that others have been lower than that.

Pick the cruise line that best suits you and your friends travel wise, the people on the ship will not really effect your cruise. There will always be people your own age at the ports or on the ship. Hit the destinations that you want and find the coresponding vessel.

i would get in touch with carnival and ask them about the age. my sister and her friends wanted to book a cruise on carnival, but because there were no adults with them, they couldn't. (they were all between 18-20). if you can't go on carnival, try all of the other lines... i don't know about them but they might allow it.

It is very standard to require either a) all passengers in a room being over 21 or b) one passenger in the room being over 25. Basically, this is an effort to keep the drunken partying a little under control. If you don't meet that criteria, call them and ask, but don't get your hopes up.

Carnival will not let you go unless there is at least one person age 25 or older in EACH cabin with those under 21. My sons are 18 and 21. When we wanted to book them into their own cabin, Carnival balked. Then they said that only if we were their parents and noly if they were in the cabin directly beside or across the hall from us, it was okay. Good luck, but I'd be thinking of alternatives.

I think on NCL, the "adult" in each cabin has to be 21 (Carnival and Royal Caribbean require that adult to be 25 or older). Also, anyone under 18 at the time of sailing, will need a notarized letter signed by each parent giving an assigned "adult" guardianship during the cruise. The drinking age on NCL is 21 - so is Carnival. RCI is 18 for wine or beer, but must have signed parent/guardian prmission. I think you'd be wise to contact a Travel Agent to explain the details to you and your group....it's tricky!

Book as a group through Carnival and they will waive the 25 year old requirement. They will require a certain number of "chaperones" but they do not have to be in cabins with the younger members. On the Elation in July there was a group of 40 or so high school grads accompanied by 6 chaperones. They were all over 18 as it is harder to take a minor out of the country. Didn't see many of them at dinner after the day in Cozumel. Wonder why:p

Might be a good time to call that cool aunt :)

:D Funny!

Actually, rather sad :( that 18 year olds can fight and die for our country ... BUT can't book their own rooms or buy any drinks they wish! :rolleyes: Just our opinion ... remember, all of us were young once too!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

"Carnival and Royal Caribbean require that adult to be 25 or older."

That is not true. My husband and I have been cruising for 3 years now. I am still not 25 and he wasn't until last year, and assure you he and I have never had any problems getting on the ship. Therefore I would suspect you must be is 21 - which still would be a problem if you are 18...

"Carnival and Royal Caribbean require that adult to be 25 or older."

That is not true. My husband and I have been cruising for 3 years now. I am still not 25 and he wasn't until last year, and assure you he and I have never had any problems getting on the ship. Therefore I would suspect you must be is 21 - which still would be a problem if you are 18...

Married folks are exempt from said policy. I guess they could all marry each other. :rolleyes:

Military personnel are exempt from the under 21 policy too so yes you can fight and die for your country AND go on a Carnival cruise!!

If this is a student group you need to call Carnival and they will direct you to the travel agency that is allowed to book such groups.

Military personnel are exempt from the under 21 policy too so yes you can fight and die for your country AND go on a Carnival cruise!!

Thanks Legend! Good to know! Didn't mean to get on a "soap box"!

We were ALL young once! :p

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Hi cait- when my friends and I were seniors in high school we wanted to do the same thing (ahh we're seniors in college now... ENJOY your time lol it will fly by!!!!!) but we couldn't find any cruise lines that would let us because we needed someone over 25. We did find that a lot of hotels in the bahamas didn't really care about ages, as long as you were over 18, so you might want to look there instead- it's just as fun and you probably will end up finding more ppl ur own age there anyways- out at clubs and stuff there will be less adults than on cruises... good luck & have fun!

Jessica

I think that it is a good policy. I do not think that cruise lines want alot of high school seniors without proper chaperoning on the ship. What a disaster, I wouldnt want to be on that ship. I have a daughter that is a senior and I say no way!

There was a high school group reported on this BB maybe 2-3 yrs. ago. Over 100 kids w/chaperones. Seems the chaperones were party animals and allowed/supplied? the kids with booze. There were multiple problems before Cozumel. The whole group went to C&C's and got outrageously drunk, chaperones incl. Due to previous problems and their condition, Carnival would NOT allow them back aboard and sailed away, leaving the entire group in Coz.

CCL doesn't enforce the rules very often, but this group evidently forced their hand.

I was young once too..............just can't remember that far back.

Dan

Im sorry i do not agree with that, just because i did not choose to rnter any of the armed forces must mean i am an irresponsible party animal right?......

Im sorry i do not agree with that, just because i did not choose to rnter any of the armed forces must mean i am an irresponsible party animal right?......

Welcome to life, in case nobody told you "Life isn't fair". Blame it on the few who spoiled it for the rest.

Princess will allow you to cruise without an adult at age 18. The OP states that "most of us will be 18" so they will still need someone over 21 to accompany those under 18. The link below doesn't make it clear whether "accompanied" means booked in the same cabin or just booked on the same cruise.

Any passenger under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21.

http://www.pocruises.com.au/html/booking_conditions_princess.cfm

Wow....that's way out there.:rolleyes:

You do not have to agree with it, but there's nothing you can do about it.

Archived