Live from the Fascination!

kimnicki

Good morning and happy Mother's Day to all the cruising moms out there!

Well we boarded the Fascination in Jacksonville yesterday and it was a beautiful day. We arrived at the port about 10:30am and were able to park and head inside. We are in a grand suite, so we did priority check in and were boarding the ship by 11:30 am. Headed straight to the excursion desk and picked Villa D on HMC.

We took a nice long walk around to get comfy with where everything is. I really like how everything is placed here. Very easy to get around. When we were on the Pride last June it felt like we had to walk forever to get to where we needed to be.

Pool lunch was good, always love the hotdogs and pita and salsa here. Didn't get too busy until around 12:30ish. Our rooms were ready when we boarded at 11:30 and luggage came after 1pm.

George Roberts is the Cruise Director and he is wonderful. We ordered sandwiches in our room for dinner and then went to the Welcome Aboard show. Haven't laughed that hard in a while! Azeem is one of the comedians and I am looking forward to seeing all of his shows!

We enjoyed the mini lounge tour with George who knows how to get a party going! Roger in the piano bar is great too. Will be going to a few of his 9pm shows.

I'm going to try and update as I go, so I can remember mainly! But if anyone has any questions I can help answer while I'm here, I'd be glad to try and help. I know there's not a lot on the Fascination on the boards.

Have a great day everyone!

Kim

Looking forward to reading more. I am thinking of a cruise on the Fascination for my son's birthday in December. The Carnival site mentions they have Seuss at Sea and the Dr Seuss brunch but I haven't been able to see that here anywhere. It's not a deal breaker or anything, just a little extra fun :) If you see/hear anything about it I hope you'll mention. I don't think you are travelling with children (based on your intro above) so you may not even notice lol. Enjoy the cruise! I can't wait to go on another one.

image_zpseleys7ym.jpg

Your post was perfect timing! The Seuss-a-palooza was today. I happened to be passing the theater and saw a bit. Really cute! I posted the bit from today's Fun Times.

I'm traveling with my 20yr old DD, but I'm sure this would be a cruise your son would enjoy!

Thanks for doing this! I have searched these boards for Fascination tips, but no luck! We will be in her in October.

Can you tell me about the internet plan you have?

Of course! I'm with my DD 20 and she has the $18 plan which covers 5 days and let's her SnapChat, instagram and tweet. I took the value plan for $40 for the week and can access all social media and my email and blogs. I'm shocked how well it works. You put your device on airplane and connect to the wifi. That's it. I have full service all over the ship, including the stateroom.

image_zps5xt0zuds.jpg

I'm glad you all are following! I'll be sure to update a little more tomorw and will post the last two days Fun Times.

I was up and out early today to get some quiet time in the morning. Went up to the Lido around 7:30 and had some coffee out on the aft deck overlooking Serenity. I let my daughter sleep in and we went to the Sea Brunch at 10:30am. Got right in, no wait. I was really surprised at how empty the room was considering it is Mother's Day. I ordered the cheese omlette and Mac and cheese and DD ordered a caesar salad and eggs over easy. Interesting combos right?! It was all delicious.

Mac and Cheese...huge!

image_zpssh895toy.jpg

Thanks for doing this! I have searched these boards for Fascination tips, but no luck! We will be in her in October.

What day in October? We are going on the Fascination October 19th.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2202584 here is another good review of the fascination

And also this one http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2155662

Hope this helps

Edited by fuddhist1

I'll be on this ship next month, so I look forward to your posts in this thread. Do they still do the welcome aboard show? I know it's been around awhile, but it still seems like a good way to start things off.

Hey all! My first cruise was on the Fascination! Long story short, I have the official "model ship" from all other ships I've been on except it. Would anyone be willing to buy and ship one to me? I'll cover the cost of both plus maybe a little extra for your trouble! Thank you so much!!!

image_zpseleys7ym.jpg

Your post was perfect timing! The Seuss-a-palooza was today. I happened to be passing the theater and saw a bit. Really cute! I posted the bit from today's Fun Times.

I'm traveling with my 20yr old DD, but I'm sure this would be a cruise your son would enjoy!

Thanks so much! We did the Suess parade on the Liberty in February but missed the brunch because we were both so seasick on that last day (my birthday no less lol). He enjoyed it and I'm sure it would be fun to do again. The story was a lot of fun. My son's name is Jackson and when he found out there was a cruise from Jacksonville he insisted we have to go. I'm happy because the itinerary looks nice (for us) we enjoyed Nassau and I'm excited to try half moon cay. Plus the ship has the water works, or splash works? whatever the water stuff for kids is called lol, and the price is right. Any way! Thanks for all the first hand recent info :)

Hey all! My first cruise was on the Fascination! Long story short, I have the official "model ship" from all other ships I've been on except it. Would anyone be willing to buy and ship one to me? I'll cover the cost of both plus maybe a little extra for your trouble! Thank you so much!!!

I have one that you could buy. I don't know how much they are now. I still have the box for the ship. My collection has gotten WAY too big and I would be glad to sell you one.

Susan

And Roll Tide!

Of course! I'm with my DD 20 and she has the $18 plan which covers 5 days and let's her SnapChat, instagram and tweet. I took the value plan for $40 for the week and can access all social media and my email and blogs. I'm shocked how well it works. You put your device on airplane and connect to the wifi. That's it. I have full service all over the ship, including the stateroom.

image_zps5xt0zuds.jpg

Do you by chance have an iPhone or iPad? I know you can't text, especially in airplane mode. But I'm just curious if iMessage works on the cheaper plan.

And on the social media plan. Do you access those through your web browser or can you use the apps for those sites?

I have one that you could buy. I don't know how much they are now. I still have the box for the ship. My collection has gotten WAY too big and I would be glad to sell you one.

Susan

And Roll Tide!

Ok great!! I think they are $39.95 or at least that's what it was in March. Can you email me? witt.kevin0@gmail.com.

Oh and RTR!