MS Amsterdam - Sail Away - Tues, May 12

There will be aboard a small group of us who sailed together on the Volendam's 2012 Auckland-Sydney-Vancouver repositioning. We are hoping for some special events during the cruise since this voyage will mark the end of Statendam's HAL career.

I hope that Statendam will do something nice for all of you as a parting farewell to the ship.

Maybe they're waiting for us; how quickly do you think you can get there?

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

ha! ha! I need a puddle hopper to get there. They would be long gone!

Possibly, but as long as it and those two cherry pickers are still doing their things, she ain't going anywhere ;)

Since she has just come from drydock, I wonder what the crew might be doing? Finishing a paint job? Any ideas?

Getting ready to go to our weekly family dinner so I will miss the sail-away. Everyone have a good summer (or winter for those in the southern hemisphere) and see you all back here in October (that sounds so far away).

Getting ready to go to our weekly family dinner so I will miss the sail-away. Everyone have a good summer (or winter for those in the southern hemisphere) and see you all back here in October (that sounds so far away).

Have a good one Kathi. we'll miss you :)

I hope that Statendam will do something nice for all of you as a parting farewell to the ship.

Thank you. We do as well. I am hoping for fireboat salutes as we sail from Seattle, Vancouver, and Honolulu, and maybe the other Hawaiian islands as well. Also, we hope for some type of memento for her final sailing.

I'm off to the post-dinner show. What is it there, about 4:15 or 5:15. Have a great sailaway.

Roy

6:20 Roy here so 5:20 there. Enjoy the show and your cruise :)

The gang way is away. That is a good and hopeful sign.

Keep your eye on that one remaining orange cherry picker Father. The boom/basket has to be retracted and it has to be parked on the dock. The sailor will then come out and board AMDM for departure

Keep your eye on that one remaining orange cherry picker Father. The boom/basket has to be retracted and it has to be parked on the dock. The sailor will then come out and board AMDM for departure

Boom coming down now/two sailors in the basket