recycling clothing among cc members (part two)

• 1 month later...

This thread really deserves to live on! I hope this will help 😊 Nice to see such generosity of spirit her at CC. Over time I have dresses (I wish I had seen this before a big weight loss, I got rid of a ton of great clothes). I can think of one or three that I have in my closet now, I need to go check what is there and will be back around code posting!

Happy Sailing 🧜🏼‍♀️

Lynn

6 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Thrift stores sometimes have great finds too, if nothing shows up here by the time of your cruise.  

Clearance sales are also great options - you can find formal and cocktails dresses (short and long) for far below details (one that I got from the Dillard’s 1 day clearance that they have every Jan 1st was $24! I got a beautiful blue long gown for $45. I buy them when I find ones that I like at those prices (keep in mind those kinds of sales are sometimes “no returns”, but I will take that chance!)

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 2:30 PM, Anita Latte said:

Bon Voyage Marie!

Today I am offering up a simple Rayon/Spandex jersey knit maxi dress, Size Large. It's super comfortable and features a built in shelf bra. It's a pullover style with ties at the back of the neck, forming a kind of halter top / sleeveless neckline style. The colors are a very dark navy (see photo where I hold it up to a black pashmina scarf for comparison) patterned background with fuschia and white. The fabric has great drape which is why it looks so small on the hanger. (I'm kind of between an XL and L and this fits me just fine). What I mean by drape is that it hangs down as opposed to being a floppy knit that might have a tendency to ride up.

It's on my giveaway list because the color is all wrong for me. If you know me from the Earth thread...then you know these aren't anywhere close to my colors...but I needed a dress like this for an occasion a couple years ago and bought it for that. It has since been worn a couple times but I usually pass over it because I have more flattering colored outfits to choose from now for similar occasions.

I think this dress needs to go on a cruise! Please email me at cc anita latte at gee mail dot com if you are interested!

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

Cute dress!  Still available?  I tried emailing you but it keeps getting returned

On 1/22/2019 at 8:35 AM, Anita Latte said:

I'm sorry but I did donate the dress before the holidays.

For future reference, my email address begins with the cc. CC anita latte at gee mail dot com. Did you include the cc? I'm surprised the email isn't working.

I did use the cc.  Are there spaces or underscores between cc anita and latte?

Its all good.    thanks anyway!

I was able to find some beautiful dresses at my local Dillards outlet.  they had a 50% off everything last week and the prices are clearance prices.   3 Capris 1 pair of jeans, 3 shirts, 4 dresses and 2 skirts.  Spent about 95.00 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 3:38 PM, 3eaglesfam said:

I did use the cc.  Are there spaces or underscores between cc anita and latte?

Its all good.    thanks anyway!

I was able to find some beautiful dresses at my local Dillards outlet.  they had a 50% off everything last week and the prices are clearance prices.   3 Capris 1 pair of jeans, 3 shirts, 4 dresses and 2 skirts.  Spent about 95.00 

Way to go. That's really a good deal. 

• 2 months later...

Wow, this used to be a hopping thread. what happened? I have donated plenty of dresses here and even got a few from Marie.

I have been off of CC for a while. My DD was sick for a long time and just passed away. I am still struggling.

Hi Cru1s1ng2009,

I'm so sorry to hear about your DD. It seems like Marie was the one who often kept this one going. Sad that some of the others who received several dresses really haven't posted many photos of them in the dresses or offered some up. This is my take on it anyway. 

thank you Renee, 

Marie is wonderful and she goes on so many amazing adventures. This is my favorite thread on cc. I really hope we can see some pics from the Taj Mahal and her 'round the world cruise. 

I will look thru my closet and see if I have any dresses to donate to get this going again. 

On 3/28/2019 at 1:59 PM, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

Wow, this used to be a hopping thread. what happened? I have donated plenty of dresses here and even got a few from Marie.

I have been off of CC for a while. My DD was sick for a long time and just passed away. I am still struggling.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss.  of your DD.  Very sad.  my heart goes out to you and your family.

On 3/28/2019 at 1:59 PM, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

I am so very sorry. I was widowed at 34, it was just pure hell 😟 I too wish this was a bit more active, I actually have a few brand new ones that don’t work well for me and headed back to my weight last year and so maybe many more on the way! 

Please let me know if you want to scream and you need someone to listen...

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping to keep this thread active.  I'm sailing out of Barcelona in October.  Not sure what the weather will be.  I'm hoping to pack light, but want a few nicer things for evenings/special dinners.  Any suggestions please?  Also, I'm a size XL/14 if anyone has any items to offer up, I'd be interested.  TIA

19 minutes ago, Off2seeAlaska said:

I have a couple dresses that I would like to share and was wondering how to do it. Is this still an active post?

You just have to post a picture, with the size and any other info  & then decide who gets the dress.  You can ask them to email you with their info (don't put your info on CC).  Then you let them know what the postage is, mail the dress & they in turn will send you the postage $$.   Hope this helps. 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2019 at 12:41 PM, Off2seeAlaska said:

I have a couple dresses that I would like to share and was wondering how to do it. Is this still an active post?

I hope that it will be more active in the future 😊 I am holding off a bit to see what size I am going to be the next 2 cruises since it changes too quickly! But either way I will have a number in the next few months that will be barely worn or brand new (12-18. Larger are formal dresses that correspond more to sizes 14-16 missed).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

hi everyone! it''s been a while since I've posted here,, and Marie i see you're  still blessing people with your gorgeous dresses and purses.. thank you! My next cruise is in August.. I was supposed to go to Cuba, but now going to Bahamas instead because of the restrictions. 😴 but the gave us 50 % off our cruise!!. what to bring on a 5 nighter?? Marie I still have a gorgeous dress you gave me,, floral and lovely. i think I will pack that for formal night!  stay well everyone.

• Like 1