What's the ONE thing you wish you had packed that you didn't?

SerenadingSarah

A clock... We didn't take one on our last cruise since we have always relied on DH's wristwatch. I don't wear a watch, I use my cell phone. After 10 faithful years the wristwatch died on the cruise and cell phones don't work. We ended up buying a cheap watch from the gift shop. Travel clock is now on my list.

over the counter cold medicine such as decongestants.......
I'll second that one. I picked up a cold on our last cruise and it wasn't so bad that what the ship carried in their gift shop was expensive, as much as it wasn't the brand I would have normally used.

I should have also brought along some Echinacea to help when the symptoms first appeared; next time I'll be better prepared!

John

We always bring zip lock bags! We use them for everything! Shellls on beach, taking ice ashore is our colapsable cooler - Which we usually have sandwichwes in - we call room service for them or make ham sandwiches from breakfast buffet- put cookies from tea for next day's lunch. also put fruit in them- strawberries, pineapple, etc. (I also fill a tupperware bottle with ice and water to go ashore.)

If we go to the beach we take our lunch so we don't have to look for a place to get it. Zip lock bags make all this possible and I know there are other uses I have forgotten about.

About clocks.....bring battery ones. Once a plug we had in lost time because the ships power was a bit different. Plug ins worked but clocks lost time!

A black sweater. As odd as that may sound, I took white, cream and a taupe but forgot my black cardigan...I needed it, lol.

I also wish I took a mini flashlight of some kind (to find things or look at my watch in the dark without waking my friend).

The public areas on the ship were way too cold for comfort.:eek: We were sailing in the Southern Caribbean and had to keep going outside just to get warm:D . The dining room was freezing, the lounges were freezing, the hallways were freezing, etc. you get the idea. Wished I had brought a couple of warmer layers to wear to dinner and to the shows. Ended up buying things in the ship's giftshop. The ship was Norwegian Sky (now sailing in Hawaii as the Pride of Aloha), but I'm sure the massive overload of air conditioning isn't unique to Norwegian. Bring clothes you can layer just in case!

The public areas on the ship were way too cold for comfort.:eek: We were sailing in the Southern Caribbean and had to keep going outside just to get warm:D . The dining room was freezing, the lounges were freezing, the hallways were freezing, etc. you get the idea. Wished I had brought a couple of warmer layers to wear to dinner and to the shows. Ended up buying things in the ship's giftshop. The ship was Norwegian Sky (now sailing in Hawaii as the Pride of Aloha), but I'm sure the massive overload of air conditioning isn't unique to Norwegian. Bring clothes you can layer just in case!

DH will be happy about that as he is always too warm, and I'm usually too cold. :D Air conditioning overload is one of my pet peeves, but I digress...

Bring a couple of those ultra-cheap plastic rain pouches for those brief tropical downpours. Also, I haven't seen this idea mentioned anywhere, but on my last cruise, I brought a stretchy clothesline with hooks at the end and some clothespins for hanging up wet swimsuits. We mananged to hook it up in the shower and it worked fine.

An emergency rain poncho. You know one of those really light small ones they sell in the drug store. Don't you know it the first stop it was pouring and everyone in town was sold out.

TIP: Bring a powerstrip for the room if you have your camera, laptop, cell phone etc - it really came in handy.

I thought this would be a good place to post something I just heard about. Its a bag that will protect your film from airport Xrays. Its a must nowadays, when they use more powerful Xrays for security reasons.

Here's a link:

http://www.wolfcamera.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10101&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&productId=3652629#description

A lot less clothes.....I packed light and still ended up with to much on my TP cruise last month..... bring one less of everything....also I agree with the poster that said bring warm clothes some nights I was freezing at the shows and a light sweater over a short skirt didn't do much. So include a pair of slacks for later in the evening.

I got these off the board before our last cruise and found them all very helpful:

1. A chip-clip or binder clip - clip at the bottom the the shower curtain - the weight keeps the curtain from sucking in and sticking to you!

2. A nightlight - those inside cabins are DARK.

3. Power strip - cameras, cell phones, iPODs, etc. Lots of things to plug in an usually only one outlet.

4. Ziplocks - good for everything.

5. Air freshener for the bathroom - if you know what I mean. :)

6. $2 Bills - great for tipping - you don't have to carry as many around, and they really get a neat response from people! Banks usually have some, but you have to ask - if you want a bunch, give them a week's notice.

Archived