Platinum perks

myfuzzy

I am newly platinum on our next cruise, and am familiar with what the Captains Circle tells you what benefits you are eligible for. However, I found a thread from five years ago that said that there are other benefits on board that aren't common knowledge, like a "happy hour" nightly.

We are sailing the Regal and if anyone could tell us what kind of perks should we be looking for and/or who should we be asking about them.

There is a nightly cocktail party for platinum/elite/suite passengers. I believe it is 5 to 7pm. You will get an invite listing place. Each night there is a drink special for $5 per drink. There are also appetisers available

There is a nightly cocktail party for platinum/elite/suite passengers. I believe it is 5 to 7pm. You will get an invite listing place. Each night there is a drink special for $5 per drink. There are also appetisers available

The invitation listing the dates, times, location, drink of the day and main appetizer (no charge for the appetizers) should be in your cabin when you embark or shortly after. If you do not get it, see the Captain's Circle host for a copy.

On the Regal Princess it will probably be in Club 6.

Edited by caribill

You are also entitled to use the Platinum/elite/suite disembarkation lounge.

This is a lounge set aside for the P/E/S group. You cargo in anytime and stay until your group is called. This is great if you have a later disembarkation as you will no longer have to scout out a place to wait for you exit.

They also have coffee, tea, and pastries (at least they did on the Crown). They also had the day's morning news papers as well.

Thanks everyone, this will sure come in handy, we always have a pre-dinner cocktail so this will definitely give us something to look forward to. What about the "private" captains party. The one where they gave us the "coupons" for a "free" drink for Gold and Ruby. Is it the same way or do they actually pass out the drinks.....just wondering to see if "tiers" matter.

The reason I'm asking these questions is that we booked a BVE that went terribly wrong, and if it wasn't for the information I received from these CC Boards, I would still be standing at the pier!!!

Thanks everyone, this will sure come in handy, we always have a pre-dinner cocktail so this will definitely give us something to look forward to. What about the "private" captains party. The one where they gave us the "coupons" for a "free" drink for Gold and Ruby. Is it the same way or do they actually pass out the drinks.....just wondering to see if "tiers" matter.

The reason I'm asking these questions is that we booked a BVE that went terribly wrong, and if it wasn't for the information I received from these CC Boards, I would still be standing at the pier!!!

There is a party for Platinum/Elite/Suites (usually on a formal night). The drinks are free and the waiters walk around with some very nice appetizers.

This is also where they announce the 3 top "most frequent" passengers.

You will get an invitation to that too.

I am newly platinum on our next cruise, and am familiar with what the Captains Circle tells you what benefits you are eligible for. However, I found a thread from five years ago that said that there are other benefits on board that aren't common knowledge, like a "happy hour" nightly.

We are sailing the Regal and if anyone could tell us what kind of perks should we be looking for and/or who should we be asking about them.

Is that you Grace:) ? We can answer any Regal Retreaters questions :)

Come over to the Regal thread.

Roland

Is that you Grace:) ? We can answer any Regal Retreaters questions :)

Come over to the Regal thread.

Roland

OH MY Roland..........Yes, I saw the posts on the roll call, that's what made me think more about it. I am thinking about my "tip" of the day LOL

This is why I LOVE CC, you can get so much information here. Like someone here just said Princess is not away's on top of things, so the more you know, you know what to expect.

So far, for us, it sounds good--I am looking forward to getting on board

If anyone else can input anything it will be appreciated

Ok so how is this handled if I am platinum and my husband is ruby level ?

Especially the embarkation/disembark lounge.

On the Captains Circle page, it tells you, if you are Platinum, upon check in you and your party traveling with you in the same cabin, will be directed to the lounge

Ok so how is this handled if I am platinum and my husband is ruby level ?

Especially the embarkation/disembark lounge.

You can take a guest to the "party". I think.

No one has ever checked our card to make sure we are Platinum in the disembarkation lounge. You can probably bring a guest, especially your husband.;)

The embarkation lounge, some ports allow your travel partner, some do not.

The Platinum/Elite/Suite afternoon cocktail time...we don't drink and no one has ever asked to see our cards. If you order a drink and only use your Platinum card, you will probably be OK.

How is that for waffling.:D

On out last Princess cruise there was a happy hour at 3:00-4:00 pm. Two for 1 drinks. The place was packed, but that was for everyone. We've never been to the one you wrote about for platinum/elite/suite folks. We're always enjoying wine in our cabin around that time. Maybe we'll check it out on our upcoming Alaskan cruise.

Yes, I am familiar with the "open" happy hour. Ours was packed too. We were with a group of friends--we were flagging over the waiters, we finally got one, and shortly after our friends were able to get one, we waited 45 minutes for our drinks, and our friends waited almost an hour, by the time we got our drinks "happy" hour was over. Sooo, as a hint for the future, if the bar/lounge is really packed, order two drinks/get two, for four each. Yeah I know, but at least you will be set and not have to order any more. BTW, did anyone hear about or try the "Issiac" drink. Its supposed to be an anniversary drink created by Ted Lang, who was actually a bar tender before he got into acting.