Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Ordered mine 1/26. No word from UPS so called AARP on 1/28–not shipped yet. Called again 1/31 and was given a UPS tracking number. Their site only says shipped 1/29. Still says that today 2/4 with no delivery info. Have now missed ability to use for final payment. Really liked the e-cards.

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2019 at 3:44 PM, 2wheelin said:

Ordered mine 1/26. No word from UPS so called AARP on 1/28–not shipped yet. Called again 1/31 and was given a UPS tracking number. Their site only says shipped 1/29. Still says that today 2/4 with no delivery info. Have now missed ability to use for final payment. Really liked the e-cards.

You can call Carnival or TA and they'll apply the gift cards and refund your $.  I've done that.

12 minutes ago, BlasianGrl said:

You can call Carnival or TA and they'll apply the gift cards and refund your $.  I've done that.

Unfortunately my TA said no. Can’t transfer since it is a membership and I used points for a reduced fare. 

3 hours ago, BlasianGrl said:

If this is true, we might try to take advantage of this. We booked about a week ago and didn't plan ahead to get gift cards for the deposit, so we were disappointed not to be able to apply the discount. If they allow this, we can fix that.

9 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

If this is true, we might try to take advantage of this. We booked about a week ago and didn't plan ahead to get gift cards for the deposit, so we were disappointed not to be able to apply the discount. If they allow this, we can fix that.

Any limit on the amount of gc ?

11 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Unfortunately my TA said no. Can’t transfer since it is a membership and I used points for a reduced fare. 

Which is why I only deal with my Carnival PVP.  TA are a pain and I prefer to avoid the middle man.

13 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Since there's been a few separate AARP threads popping up lately, I just thought I'd bump the big dog up to the top to let everyone know that they currently have e-cards available for the $100 denomination. They've been MIA for a while.

Any idea on how long it takes to get the ecards? I ordered mine yesterday, received a confirmation email, but have not received the actual email with the numbers yet. Is this normal?

6 minutes ago, thenexus2k said:

Any idea on how long it takes to get the ecards? I ordered mine yesterday, received a confirmation email, but have not received the actual email with the numbers yet. Is this normal?

About 5 minutes. Check your spam/junk folder. 

1 hour ago, BlasianGrl said:

Which is why I only deal with my Carnival PVP.  TA are a pain and I prefer to avoid the middle man.

My PVP said we could get a payment cancellation and pay with a different form of payment as long as it’s before final payment with the exemption of the deposit.

We recently had an amex payment refunded and applied for the carnival cc to get the cash back offer and points. PVP did the refund in less than 2 minutes.

29 minutes ago, thenexus2k said:

Mine came right after the transaction was complete. I’ve seen people say that they didn’t get theirs right away but they paid debit. I paid credit and it was instant. 

I also ordered a couple e-gift cards yesterday and got the confirmation email but no gift cards yet. Nothing in my junk folder. I will likely call them if it doesn't show by the time the credit card charge changes from pending. 

I bought 3 $100 ecards yesterday, got them in just a few minutes, applied them right away. I looked this morning out of curiosity and the $500 ecards are apparently sold out, but there are still $100 ecards left.  I'm glad they brought them back, and hope they continue.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

I bought 3 $100 ecards yesterday, got them in just a few minutes, applied them right away. I looked this morning out of curiosity and the $500 ecards are apparently sold out, but there are still $100 ecards left.  I'm glad they brought them back, and hope they continue.

dgskd

15 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

What is the web address for the e-gift cards

ty

24 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

just curious, can you check your transaction history on the aarp site and tell me what it says for status/shipping method? Mine currently looks like this:

image.thumb.png.434ed5d447b153b71d50fc61647e0ca4.png

22 minutes ago, thenexus2k said:

just curious, can you check your transaction history on the aarp site and tell me what it says for status/shipping method? Mine currently looks like this:

image.thumb.png.434ed5d447b153b71d50fc61647e0ca4.png

I purchased 5 $100 e gift cards last night and my status looks like yours. No email and it doesn’t appear my card has been charged yet.

5 hours ago, BlasianGrl said:

Normally do it all myself also as I do the research anyway but this time required I use that TA because of point usage. It would also have been a couple days after final pmt (I booked just before final pmt and don't cruise often enough to have cards on hand) so that may have been the reason. Just wish ecards had been available at the time.

Got enough to use onboard and for excursions though so some savings.

I'm showing both the $100 and $500 e-cards in stock.

12 hours ago, Fatcat604 said:

Any limit on the amount of gc ?

I don't think so, but I'm not absolutely certain. I know people have bought a large amount (dollar wise). If there is a limit, I'm sure it'll tell you during the order process.

4 hours ago, DebbieMo said:

My PVP said we could get a payment cancellation and pay with a different form of payment as long as it’s before final payment with the exemption of the deposit.

Well, that makes our decision for us. We booked & paid the deposit without any gift cards, so when another user said we could change the payment method, we thought about doing it with the deposit. But if it doesn't apply with the deposit, we don't need to worry about it.

4 hours ago, DebbieMo said:

Mine came right after the transaction was complete. I’ve seen people say that they didn’t get theirs right away but they paid debit. I paid credit and it was instant. 

I've always bought my e-cards with my debit and they came right away. I don't think that's why.

For anyone who still hasn't received theirs yet, check your spam folder first. Otherwise, call AARP. My guess is they'll tell you to wait at least 24 hours. I'm not speaking from experience, just have a feeling they're going to say wait a little longer. I hope I'm wrong, good luck.

Edited by Organized Chaos

2 hours ago, dak1960 said:

What is the web address for the e-gift cards

ty

https://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/

You have to create an account, which is free and does not require an AARP membership. You'll earn points for signing up. You can also sign up to receive email newsletters and some of those will give you a promo code to enter on the RFG website for 150 points each. Once you are logged in, click on "Earn Points" near the top. There you can take short quizzes to earn more points (up to 5,000 pts./day). When you're ready to purchase the gift cards, click on "Redeem My Points." Then go to "Gift Cards - Travel" to see the Carnival cards. You cash in 1,000 points for 10% off every $100 card you buy or 5,000 points for each $500 card. Making them $90 and $450.