Cruise Critic Community
mabones

Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, jwcruise1 said:

Yes allstate rewards has the ecards in $100 and $500. I just checked

That is odd because the only option mine has is "mail" for delivery.  jwcruise1, how do you get to the e-card option?

11 minutes ago, jc4me said:

That is odd because the only option mine has is "mail" for delivery.  jwcruise1, how do you get to the e-card option?

Hover cursor over gift cards and there is a link to e-gift cards, click on that the $100 carnival is the one that comes up as featured on mine but you can scroll down and find the $500

15 minutes ago, jwcruise1 said:

Hover cursor over gift cards and there is a link to e-gift cards, click on that the $100 carnival is the one that comes up as featured on mine but you can scroll down and find the $500

Mine used to give me that option, but doesn't any more.  I have bought them that way, but it won't let me any more.  Wonder if there is a lifetime limit on the e-gift cards?  I just have to be sure that I order my cards in plenty of time to have them delivered.

Sorry it didn't work for you, I just bought 2 a couple weeks ago for final payment on our April 4 cruise. I can't wait! It is getting harder and harder to get any work done 😄

4 minutes ago, jwcruise1 said:

Sorry it didn't work for you, I just bought 2 a couple weeks ago for final payment on our April 4 cruise. I can't wait! It is getting harder and harder to get any work done 😄

We cruise in March and I can’t even adult now 

Data points, I ordered (after business hours) on 1/29 and received an email that they'll be delivered on 2/5.  AARP even allows you to e-sign online ahead of time if you have a UPS account which saves a trip.  I'm going to buy another $100 to cover the deposit for my next carnival cruise (no idea when or where).

Ordered 2 $500 cards on 1/29.  Received notification from UPS that they would be delivered on 2/1, wasn't prepared so I missed the delivery!  Received the cards on 2/2 after I logged on to my UPS account and digitally signed for them.  Certainly wish they still had eCards, but I am totally happy to get 10% off no matter how I get the cards!  

Ordered mine 1/26. No word from UPS so called AARP on 1/28–not shipped yet. Called again 1/31 and was given a UPS tracking number. Their site only says shipped 1/29. Still says that today 2/4 with no delivery info. Have now missed ability to use for final payment. Really liked the e-cards.

On 2/1/2019 at 8:00 AM, Mommawo said:

We cruise in March and I can’t even adult now 

Its ok to act like a kid 🙂

Since there's been a few separate AARP threads popping up lately, I just thought I'd bump the big dog up to the top to let everyone know that they currently have e-cards available for the $100 denomination. They've been MIA for a while.

On 2/4/2019 at 3:44 PM, 2wheelin said:

Ordered mine 1/26. No word from UPS so called AARP on 1/28–not shipped yet. Called again 1/31 and was given a UPS tracking number. Their site only says shipped 1/29. Still says that today 2/4 with no delivery info. Have now missed ability to use for final payment. Really liked the e-cards.

You can call Carnival or TA and they'll apply the gift cards and refund your $.  I've done that.

12 minutes ago, BlasianGrl said:

You can call Carnival or TA and they'll apply the gift cards and refund your $.  I've done that.

Unfortunately my TA said no. Can’t transfer since it is a membership and I used points for a reduced fare. 

3 hours ago, BlasianGrl said:

If this is true, we might try to take advantage of this. We booked about a week ago and didn't plan ahead to get gift cards for the deposit, so we were disappointed not to be able to apply the discount. If they allow this, we can fix that.

9 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

If this is true, we might try to take advantage of this. We booked about a week ago and didn't plan ahead to get gift cards for the deposit, so we were disappointed not to be able to apply the discount. If they allow this, we can fix that.

Any limit on the amount of gc ?

11 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Unfortunately my TA said no. Can’t transfer since it is a membership and I used points for a reduced fare. 

Which is why I only deal with my Carnival PVP.  TA are a pain and I prefer to avoid the middle man.

13 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Since there's been a few separate AARP threads popping up lately, I just thought I'd bump the big dog up to the top to let everyone know that they currently have e-cards available for the $100 denomination. They've been MIA for a while.

Any idea on how long it takes to get the ecards? I ordered mine yesterday, received a confirmation email, but have not received the actual email with the numbers yet. Is this normal?

6 minutes ago, thenexus2k said:

Any idea on how long it takes to get the ecards? I ordered mine yesterday, received a confirmation email, but have not received the actual email with the numbers yet. Is this normal?

About 5 minutes. Check your spam/junk folder. 

1 hour ago, BlasianGrl said:

Which is why I only deal with my Carnival PVP.  TA are a pain and I prefer to avoid the middle man.

My PVP said we could get a payment cancellation and pay with a different form of payment as long as it’s before final payment with the exemption of the deposit.

We recently had an amex payment refunded and applied for the carnival cc to get the cash back offer and points. PVP did the refund in less than 2 minutes.

29 minutes ago, thenexus2k said:

Mine came right after the transaction was complete. I’ve seen people say that they didn’t get theirs right away but they paid debit. I paid credit and it was instant. 

I also ordered a couple e-gift cards yesterday and got the confirmation email but no gift cards yet. Nothing in my junk folder. I will likely call them if it doesn't show by the time the credit card charge changes from pending. 

3 minutes ago, cruising maniac said:

I just ordered 3 and paid with a debit card. They were in my inbox instantly. SOOOOOOOOO glad the email cards are back.

Any limit on the amount of gc that I want to buy?

I bought 3 $100 ecards yesterday, got them in just a few minutes, applied them right away. I looked this morning out of curiosity and the $500 ecards are apparently sold out, but there are still $100 ecards left.  I'm glad they brought them back, and hope they continue.

I don't know if there's a limit, but their system will let you know. As fast a they're going, if I were you, I'd get as many as are allowed while they're available.

14 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

I bought 3 $100 ecards yesterday, got them in just a few minutes, applied them right away. I looked this morning out of curiosity and the $500 ecards are apparently sold out, but there are still $100 ecards left.  I'm glad they brought them back, and hope they continue.

dgskd

15 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

What is the web address for the e-gift cards

ty