Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

Why would they overbook a world cruise? Weird.

Cause they know there will be a percentage of cancellations..... They probably feel that it is cheaper to move someone to another cruise than sail with empty cabins... I remember a pass bosses philosophy ..... Get bums on seats and let them spend the money lol

Been reading on another social website that Princess has been busy sending out move over requests for sector from NY....

Full refund, free cruise or cruises up to 50 days, free upgrade and $600 PP for lost airfares!!

Everyone is saying you should take it ... you should take it... but I don't think any of them have ever organised such a big trip... it is hard to give up all those plans and so close to your start date.

Would be interesting how many people take the generous offer up, at such late notice. When they calculate how many people are likely to cancel, I wonder if they take into account how far NY is from Australia and how hard it is to reorganise a big trip, at such short notice. Could be attractive for retired Americans about to join the cruise. Could work for Aussies, if they had family/friends in NY.

For the past few years we have heard about the cabins being over booked and offers for move overs, So if it was a big problem they would not keep doing it each year I guess..... The offer must get sweeter and sweeter.... In 2013 there were passengers taking paid downgrades to Outsides make room for the new passengers in balconies

Why would they overbook a world cruise? Weird.

It seems to be only that sector that is so popular. The Sun ships were extremely popular in the States, so it could be that fans are taking the opportunity to sail on one them again and that's a handy sector for them.

I do agree however that over bookings could be handled better.

Looks like its become an annual event on the Cobh calendar.:)

Yes always a big day in Cobh, I recollect in 2010 calling in there on Ruby Princess, it was a Sunday and I reckon all of Cork turned out. I like it when the ships leave, the locals inc traders, line the foreshore, yelling out 'Thank you' and flashing their car lights. The Irish sure are happy with the cruise ship visits.

Just reading a a blog about cobh.. nice to see that they really do make is special for us aussie/NZ ... Andy mentioned how they have been there on the Emerald princess and it was just like any other port day ...

Don't say that, I will be in Greenock next month!

August in Scotland will be nice for you mate, just as I hope the Autumn is for us over there.

You Kiwis are used to a little chilly weather!

Edited by NSWP